did you?

About 3 hours later, Will strolled into the waiting room with a determined glare on his face, "jay" he snapped them out of thought.  The whole team shot you and nodded eagerly, "tell me she's okay" jay crossed his arms over his chest.  Will smiled, "she's okay, exhausted, but okay" he nodded.  Jay let out the biggest sigh of relief as the team reassured him, "she did lose a lot of blood, and she did crash twice, but she pulled through and she's in recovery now. She's awake so you can see her, but only two at a time" Will smiled again.  Hank nodded understandably, "thanks Will, jay you go" he waved the detective off.  Jay smiled thankfully before impatiently following his brother down the hall and towards his girlfriends room.  Will smiled and held the door open for jay, which jay thankfully nodded at. 

                 As the brunette stepped foot in the room, Olivia's eyes instantly met those of his own, "did you get him?" She spoke quietly.  Jay was shocked to hear those words come out of her mouth, the first thing she says after nearly dying and it made him shudder a little, "did you?" She asked again with worry and paranoia plastered across her face.  He stepped closer and nodded, "we did, we got him liv..." he edged his way towards her side.  She let out a huge sigh of relief and brought her hands up to her face, "I thought I was gonna die..." she mumbled from her palms.  Jay shook his head and pulled her in for a hug, "not on my watch" he planted a million kisses onto the top of her head.  She clung onto his neck for dear life, "where's rue?" She hummed tiredly.  Jay smiled, of course that's all she's worried about...

                 "With the babysitter" he pulled away and cupped her pale face, but made sure he didn't injure her arm further.  She let out a shaky breath and smiled sadly as a few tears ran down her cheeks, "I'm not leaving you" he wiped her tears away.  She nodded and closed her eyes as she rubbed her thumb along the back of his hand, "good, because I can't make it on my own..." she admitted shamefully and hung her head low.  His heart shattered at the sound of her fear, he hates knowing that she's terrified of a man who can no longer hurt her, "hey, we're gonna get through this together... me, you and rue..." he nodded.  She smiled sadly and sighed, she has a long road ahead of herself...

~~~~~~~

                 "How you feeling?" Hank strolled into her room now that everyone had visited her.  Jay was sat on a chair next to the bed, "a little better" Olivia answered truthfully. Hank smiled, "yates is at cook county, the hearing dates still waiting to be confirmed" he nodded. Olivia slowly nodded back, "do I have to testify?" She looked down and continued fiddling with the blanket. Hank looked over at jay, both men know the answer to that, but at the minute neither of them can trust that Olivia's in the right mental state for it. "Maybe... we'll see" hank replied after an awkward silence. Olivia slowly nodded, she so badly wants to put this son of a bitch behind bars for the other girls, they deserve justice more than she does, but she doesn't know if she'll manage the whole court ordeal. She can't even look at the deep gash on her arm let alone hear a judge replay her memories in front of a crowd.

"Don't worry about it for now, I'll sort everything out. Just focus on getting better, alright?" Hank smiled and nodded. Olivia smiled back before sighing, "look, I gotta get back to finishing the paperwork or this could drag out even longer. Take all the time you need, both of you, I'll keep you in the loop" hank added. Olivia looked at jay blankly with a small nod, "thanks Sarge" she spoke barely over a whisper, not really trusting her voice. The pair watched as hank left the room, "If you don't wanna testify liv, you don't have to..." jay began as he sat back down on the edge of her bed. She shook her head and cut him off, "I have to, the families deserve justice for what he did to them, I'm their only hope jay..." she covered her shaking hand with the blanket.

"As long as you're positive it won't affect you anymore than this already has..." he spoke softly and rubbed her elbow. She looked up at him in confusion but soon realised that he was talking about how she was acting. She was distancing herself from him slightly, barely holding eye contact with anyone and not sleeping. She let out a sigh, "I'm fine..." she answered with the most stupid response possible. He shook his head and grabbed her hand, "theres no point in lying liv, I'm here for you no matter what..." he kissed the back of it. She watched him sadly; she's angry at yates, angry at herself for letting her guard down, angry at the world for making this happen to her, but she knows she isn't really angry, she's just terrified and she's slowly coming to terms with that...