You'd be a great fit

The next morning Olivia woke up feeling refreshed apart from the mild pain in her leg, she'd filled out the paperwork for both the commissioner and hank so he could bunk off the case and close it at last.  She got out of bed at around 6am and got a shower quickly before putting on some clean combat uniform and slipping her boots on before grabbing the files and her cap then walking over to the door.  She walked into the cafeteria to see only a few soldiers eating breakfast which was fine because they weren't required to work today, "Jess, you mind coming to the district with me?" She nodded.  Jessica smiled and stood up, "of course not ma'am" she shook her head and grabbed her cap.

                 The pair talked the whole car journey to the district but eventually pulled up outside of the steps, "let's go" Olivia smiled and hopped out.  The two made their way into the reception, "morning lieutenant" trudy smiled.  Olivia smiled back, "morning Sarge" she nodded and walked towards the stairs where platt buzzed them both up.  Olivia walked in front but smiled when she heard the unit talking amongst themselves, "there she is" Kevin smiled and stood up, they all followed suit and stood up after he did. 

             Olivia smiled, "morning guys" she nodded at them all.  They all smiled as she walked past them to go into Hanks office, her soldier stood outside of the door as Olivia flashed jay a small smile again before walking into Hanks office.  Hank stood up and shook her hand, "morning Sargent" she smiled.  Hank smiled back, "it's been great having you here you know" he nodded as they both sat down.  Olivia smiled, "it's been great being here" he nodded back before handing him the paperwork.  Hank smiled and took them from her, "so lieutenant, what're your plans from here on out?" He tilted his head.  Olivia laughed a little, "I'd be lying if I said we'll be starting a new case, I'm at the stage now where I have to decide if I wanna step back and settle in a new unit or stay in the army and become a captain" she sighed.

                Hank nodded, "I'm sure you'd be great at both" he smiled.  Olivia smiled back thankfully, "well there's a spot open on my unit if you're thinking about stepping down and after seeing the way you worked with my men, I have no doubt you'd settle right in" he opposed.  Olivia sat up in her chair a little, "yeah?" She raised an eyebrow.  Hank nodded, "you'd be a great fit, and I'd be honoured to call you my detective. But that's only if you're thinking about it, I don't wanna pressure you into transferring" he smiled.  Olivia nodded, "I was thinking about transferring anyways Sarge, I've loved every minute in the army but I don't really think being a captains much to my ego" she laughed a little. Hank smiled, "well take some time to think it over, I'll always answer your call. Just let me know when you've decided" he nodded supportively.

Olivia stood up and shook his hand one more time, "thanks Sarge, it means a lot. I'm sure I'll be in touch" she smiled. Hank nodded and showed her to his door where they both joined the unit again, "how's Luke doing?" Vanessa nodded. Olivia smiled, "he's doing well, docs say he'll be ready to go back home tonight" she nodded. Kevin nodded too, "that's good then, we'll all miss having you lot around" he walked over and gave her a bear hug. Olivia laughed, that contagious laugh, but hugged him back as everyone followed suit with the hugs. Jay was last to give her a hug, "you have to stay in touch" he spoke quietly as he hugged her.

Olivia smiled and hugged him back, "don't worry, I'm sure you'll see me again soon" she looked at him suspiciously but left it at that. Jay looked at her in confusion, he'd be seeing her soon? What? Is that a good thing? A bad thing? Okay then... He smirked back knowing she had something planned but thought nothing more of it, "unfortunately I have to go guys, it's been nice working with you all" she began walking towards the stairs.  They all shouted goodbye and wished each other well before she vanished down the stairs, that was the last the team saw of her for a while...

*just a short chapter since the next plot thingy happens else where :)*