ping her phone

*two days later*

               They still had absolutely nothing on Yates, he never turned up to the bakery, or if he did he was very discreet about it.  Three new victims had popped up on their radar since the task force got here and they were scared he was going to strike again.  Hank walked out of his office to see a nearly empty bullpen, only Olivia and Vanessa were sat at their desks.  "Hey liv, I've ordered erins birthday cake and it's due to be ready in 10 minutes. If I send you the address can you pick it up for me? It's already paid for" he smiled.  Olivia looked up and nodded, "of course, I'll head out now" she smiled.  Hank squeezed her shoulder, "thanks kiddo" he smiled and walked back into his office to send her to location.

Just as she was about to leave hank reappeared, "oh and liv..." he called out. She turned around at the sound of her name, "it's a surprise" he added. Olivia smiled and nodded before running down the stairs with her thumb up, Hank smiled, Olivia is one of his most treasured detectives, she has a soft spot in Hanks heart that not many people have.  She got in her car and drove to the location hank had sent her.  It was a cute little bakery shop not too far from the district, "hi I'm here for hank voights order" she smiled at the cashier behind the till.  The man nodded and smiled before going into the back to get the cake for erins birthday which is tomorrow.  She didn't have a problem with doing this since she doesn't have a problem with Erin, they're mutually friends. 

             "Thank you" she accepted the cake, which was fairly big, then left the store.  She had parked her car around the corner so she had a two minute walk to get to it.  When she arrived at her car she had a struggle to get her keys out of her pocket until she heard a mans voice from behind her, "you want a hand with that?" He chuckled evilly.  She froze at the sound of his voice... Yates.  She turned around to see his face which was smug and ugly, "hello detective" he smirked then easily hit her over the head with a crow bar.  She didn't even have chance to defend herself since she had erins birthday cake in her hands.  She dropped the cake and fell to the floor with a small thud, the cake smashed everywhere as Yates laughed to himself.  Yates had struck again, only this time it was closer to home...

Hank walked out of his office checking his watch once again, "anyone heard from liv?" He looked around. Jay sat up in worry, "no why?" He shook his head. Hank sighed, "I asked her to run a quick errand for me, that was half an hour ago. She should be back by now" he shrugged in concern.  There was a small pause before hank nodded, "ping her phone" he walked over to kevin. Kevin tapped away at his computer before Olivia's location finally appeared on his screen, he looked up to see Hanks confused face. "Halstead, with me now" hank waved jay over to follow him out.  Jay got up and immediately followed his boss out of the bullpen in worry and confusion. 

             "I sent liv to pick up erins birthday cake while she was free, she could just be stood in a queue but something don't feel right" hank shook his head. Jays heart sunk, Yates is still out there and he had an altercation with Olivia the other day, he might have snatched her up. He shook his head at his boss as the pair got into Hanks car, "you don't think..." he spoke shakily. Hank shrugged, "I don't know Jay, I don't know" he sighed sadly as he pressed his foot down, not really caring if he got caught speeding.

            "No no no no no..." jay ran up to Olivia's car to see a smashed up birthday cake on the floor, her phone, badge and gun on the sidewalk and a small puddle of blood. Hank crouched down, "I'll call trudy, tell her to put a BOLO out on yates. This stays in house and we do everything we need to do in order to get her back" he rubbed his hands over his face. Jay nodded as his heart beat picked up, "what if Yates does his usual? You know..." his voice was shaky and in the verge of breaking; he was talking about the fact that Yates is a serial rapist and murderer. Hank shook his head, "we won't let that happen jay, I promise" he squeezed his shoulder. But right now jays head was in a completely different place. They didn't need to look into it, they know Yates has her.

              "Listen up! Yates has Harper. No press, no other units, everything we do stays in house. One of our own is missing, we do not leave until we have something new okay?" Hank raised his voice over the distinctive chatter as he and jay stormed into the bullpen looking both hurt and angered.  Erin looked up at the absurd news to meet jays pained eyes, "how'd this happen?" Adam stood up in shock.  Hank took a deep breath and sighed deeply, "I asked Olivia to go pick up erins surprise birthday cake, when she didn't come back i knew Yates was up to something" he shook his head.  Erins head shot over to her adoptive father's direction, "I..." she shook her head.  This is her fault...?

*theories...?*