He walked over, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah?" 

"Um, I'm going to eat lunch with Verena today. So, if you're leaving too, just close up for the hour. We can open back up later, hmm?" 

He nodded, "Sure." 

I turned back to the phone. "I'll be there in a little bit. See you. Bye." 

"Bye." 

I packed up the store, taking my bag with me, and then left, telling Dylan I was leaving. 

I was on my way to the clinic when I passed by the three old ladies. "Hi, London," they all sang in sync. 

"Hi," I smiled softly, adjusting my bag. 

"How are you, honey?" Mrs. Kimberly asked. 

"I'm good," I nodded. 

"Really?" she blurted out. 

Ms. Nora elbowed her and shot her a glare. 

I resisted an eye roll before nodding again. "I'm great. I'm actually headed for lunch, but I'll see you around," I smiled before walking around them. I made it to the clinic about ten minutes later and walked up the staircase and to the entrance before walking in. Verena was sitting in the chair, scrolling through her phone. "Hey," I called out. 

She looked up at me, grinning. "Hey. I ordered some Chinese." 

I walked behind the counter and sat down in the chair she pulled up next to her own and put my bag down. "So, did you get any patients today?" I asked, ripping the box open and grabbing the chopsticks from the bag while she took a pair for herself. 

"Yeah. Mrs. Gabrielle came by with her daughter and then Mr. Hans dropped by for his root canal." 

I stared at her. 

"It was really disgusting," she cringed. "It was all bloody and mushy and—" 

"Eating here," I cut her off, staring at her in disbelief. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." 

I sighed, mixing up the noodles. "Anyway, where's your dad?" I questioned. 

"He went home to have lunch with my mom. How's your dad?" she replied. 

"Same old, same old. I'm getting worried. He barely leaves the house." 

She nodded in understanding. "Does Mr. DeLuca still ask him to tag along every weekend on a walk?" 

"Yeah, but Dad always says no. Whatever, let's not talk about it. Anyway, are you—" We both turned to the door when it swung open loudly. 

"Emergency!" Damon yelled. 

Both Verena and I shot out of our chairs, staring down at the little boy who was screaming at the top of his lungs with a bleeding mouth. I blinked, glancing at my noodles. Appetite isn't my fate today. 

"What happened?" Verena gasped, walking around the counter and kneeling down to the kid's level. 

"He lost a wobbly tooth to a soccer ball during practice." 

"Ouch," I mumbled. 

"Um," Damon cleared his throat, looking up at me. "It's not just him." 

The door swung open again and we all turned around as Ronan walked in with a little girl in his arms. She wasn't crying but the tear stains were fresh on her cheek while she bit down on the tissue in her mouth. 

"They got in a fight," Damon shrugged. 

"Um, wow, okay," Verena said quickly. "My dad isn't here but that's okay, I can take care of them. He's bleeding more so we'll treat him first. You can come inside with us," she said to Damon, "and you can wait out here, yeah? I'm sure London will take care of you," she said to Ronan before rushing the little boy into the dentist's office.