Twenty-Nine

As Jin woke up, he did not find it unpleasant to wake up to an empty bed without the King's presence. On the contrary, he felt rather relieved yet extremely emotional at the same time. He was having a hard time processing his emotion the night before due to the King's presence; he was overcome with the feeling of hopelessness upon hearing the King say that he would not be allowing him to leave his sight.

He sobbed in the bed while trying to give himself the mental comfort that his sacrifice had not been in vain, and his parents were in good hands because of what he had done for them.

Feeling the baby move, he put his hands on his stomach and stroked the five-month bump. "You are my only hope," he whispered. Physically and mentally, he felt so low that he didn't want to get out of bed, but he had no choice. There were plenty of tasks that he must accomplish within the King's place, and that was another concern that was bothering him. Inhaling deeply, he pushed aside the covers, wiped his tears, and rose from bed to begin his day.

********

Despite his exhaustion, Jin felt good. He had accomplished so much, and the King's place had become like a whole new place. Even the guards were able to get a ladder for him to reach the high ceilings and clean the fans and chandeliers in the suite that looked as though they had never been cleaned.

While most of the kids' rooms had been cleaned and organized, he still left two undone, but he had to pause for the day since his back was hurting. Along with cleaning some of the kid's rooms, he had also accomplished cleaning the living room, family room, theatre room, kitchen, bathrooms, dining room, sunroom, and a few of the closets. He planned to finish up the remaining rooms, including the closets, as those took a lot of time, especially reorganizing and figuring out where things should go. A lot of laundry had to be done as well as he had to change a lot of sheets, but he was thankful that the King had a lot of new bed sets, so his job was a lot easier.

Done with cleaning for the day, Jin walked out to the balcony, where he had requested the staff to set up the meal he ordered for dinner. A peaceful meal outside in the good weather was what he wanted to enjoy.

While he ate happily, he admired the beautiful view that lay ahead, one of the best features of the King's place. While the view was unlike any he had ever seen before, his mind drifted to how the King certainly had the best of everything but showed no signs of caring or appreciating any of it in the slightest. With that thought, his mood shifted, "he could have said he wasn't going to be here all day." He mumbled while taking a bite of his food.

"This is the first time I see you out here. Have we become neighbors?"

Immediately shocked, Jin nearly dropped his utensil as Prince Namjoon stood on the balcony adjacent to the one he was on, waving. "Prince Namjoon?"

The smile on Namjoon's face spread as he heard Jin's shocked voice as he spoke, "how are you, Seokjin? Please call me Namjoon."

Placing his utensil down, Jin wiped his mouth with a napkin before he responded, "I am doing okay; I didn't know you were next to the King's suite."

Namjoon chuckled, "you have never come to visit me, so I am sure you wouldn't know, but the King and I are neighbors indeed. I am surprised to see you on the King's balcony though, how come you are there alone?"

"Oh, okay, I understand. The King has moved me here now, and how did you know I am here alone?"

"That's interesting; you live with the King. What have you done to earn such an honor? There must be a great deal of jealousy in the Kingdom currently, I can imagine. Furthermore, I understand that you are alone since our King is away, and you must also know he will not be returning until the next two months."