Seventeen

Jin was astounded by the view as he stood out on the balcony by the King's room. It was as though he could see the entire country. The bright lights made everything beautiful at nighttime.

It was the first time since he had been in the Kingdom; he was in awe, feeling the cool night breeze; he felt as if he was home with his parents. His thoughts brought him to tears as he realized he wouldn't see them for a long time and wished he had a phone of his own to call and tell them he was expecting and ask for advice, which he badly needed.

As he stood on the balcony, enjoying the night view, he still couldn't understand why the King brought him to his room. He thought he would be punished and sent to his room, but instead, he was standing on the balcony. "Unless this is my punishment." Jin faintly mumbled to himself but shrugged since it could be worse. Being on the balcony certainly wasn't a punishment. He could live there if it meant not seeing the King's face. Further, he enjoyed being outdoors and surrounded by nature; it was how he spent most of his days when he was back home.

On the balcony, Jin walked to the far right corner, looking over, and his eyes widened when he realized just how high he was, "I wouldn't survive a fall from here."

"My dad said not to look over there." Jihoon's small voice surprised him.

Jin turned to look in the direction where the little prince was staring at him. After noticing he no longer wore his earlier clothes, he realizes that he was now in pajamas. "Your pajamas are cute," Jin said with a smile.

The fact that the King had a 5-year-old son proved all the rumors outside of the Kingdom to be true. It was his first encounter with a child of the King, and Jimin told him Jihoon was the eldest of seven children. It was unclear to Jin how the King had so many children. In particular, when his eldest was just five years old.

In his mind, he was surprised at the idea that he would now have a child for the King. There were already many siblings for his child. His first thought was to wonder if the King had done anything to unite his children together as he would not want his child to be estranged from their siblings.

"Thank you; my dad gave it to me. Do you want hot cocoa? My dad is making it." Jihoon said, pulling Jin away from his thoughts.

While Jin stared at Jihoon in uncertainty about responding, he doubted the King was preparing a hot drink for him. Jin shook his head and smiled politely at Jihoon, "I'm fine."

Jihoon turned his back to Jin running into the King's suite, "dad, he said no."

Jin's eyes widen when he hears Jihoon's words, "was he being serious?" He asked himself, not believing the King was actually making hot cocoa. It was too hard to believe.

"Why do you refuse my son's offer of hot cocoa?" The King's voice surprises him, causing him to turn to face him.

"Well, my king, it sounded unlikely that you would make hot cocoa for me, and even more so that you wanted to offer me a cup."

"My son made that offer, not me," Jungkook said as he stepped out onto the balcony.

"That makes more sense now. Please let Jihoon know that I am grateful for his thoughtfulness, but I am nauseous after drinking hot cocoa. It would be great if there were an option to -

"There are no options." The King said sternly.

Jin nodded, "I understand. I'm fine then; tell your son that I said thank you, my King."

Jungkook approached Jin, "Aren't you going to ask me to let you back inside?"

"Why? It's nice out here. Is this my punishment for agreeing earlier with Prince Jimin?"