One

Prince Jimin relaxed in front of his mother, who had the sheer look of disappointment scribbled over her face. Holding a hand out to his mother, stroking her cheek, he contemplated in wonder—pondering how he could be of help to alleviate her distress over his brother and her son, the King.

"Maybe if he meets someone he can love-"

The Queen huffs and shoots Jimin's hand away, "this kingdom has everything he could ever want. He has no respect for love, and he is selfish! I have introduced him to many royal heirs, also his father before his passing, but instead of exploring to get married, he is impregnating these men who cannot give him an heir to the throne!"

Suri stood up and stared at her son, "you may as well prepare yourself to be King after he departs this earth because no illegitimate child will ever take that throne!"

Jimin stood up to face his mom, "I will talk to him-"

"Your brother does not listen to me. Do you believe he will listen to you? He has disrespected his father's wishes; our entire legacy is being ruined because of him. If I birthed your other siblings, I would not have had this problem. I knew he was too young to be King! Why couldn't Dong-Hyun hold on longer? Why did I have to get stuck with this burden? Prince Taehyung has done a far better job at securing a family than your brother has. His parents would have been so proud."

"I understand, mom, but let me try; maybe I can get through to him," Jimin stated, wishing his mother would calm down; he hated her being upset. He knew his brother would not dare listen to him, but he had to say whatever he could to comfort his mother's frustration.

Queen Suri sighed, "good luck; I have been told that he is fathering another child; the man that recently joined his quarters is pregnant. This is his seventh child Jimin, and he is not married! Your father was not the most loyal man, but at least he made me his Queen, giving you both access to his throne, but obviously, I birthed the wrong child first."

"Mom-" Jimin speech was cut off when a thump came at the door. "Who is it?" Jimin shouted out. Receiving no response, the doors open, and in entered Jungkook, the King in mention.

The Queen beamed seeing him, her face lightened up, provoking Jimin to stare at her and roll his eyes. She was always dramatic over Jungkook's actions but softened whenever he was around.

"My son, what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" She walked over to Jungkook, who met her halfway and kissed her cheek. "I missed seeing my mother's face at brunch today. Did you forget our plans?" He questioned, searching her eyes for an answer.

Suri gasped and brought her hand to her mouth, "that was today? I am so sorry. Is it too late now?"

"For my mom, it's never too late; we can have it outside on the balcony. I will have the staff arrange something quickly."

"I would love that," Suri said, smiling at him.

Jimin cleared his throat, gaining him a glare from his brother, "I have personal matters to discuss with the Queen; your presence is not needed."

"Fuck-"

"Jimin, please be respectful to your brother, he is our King, and that is no language to use to a King. You know better than that." Suri corrected, giving her son a firm stare.

Jimin rotated his eyes, "more like a fucking child!" he says and walks out of the room, slamming the door.

Jungkook clicks his tongue as he stared at the door, then he turned to face his mom, "wild dogs can never be trained, don't waste your time correcting him."

"Jeon Jungkook, you do not speak that way of your brother!"

"Would it be better sounding if I referenced him as being a puppy? My toddler has more respect than him."