The Bully

2 years prior..

"HEY STOP!!"

Ben at 13 years old struggled angrily against the muscular arms bulging from Cash Murray's enhancement quirk as the boy managed to keep him pinned to the locker doors with just a hand. 

"Come on Tennyson." The younger Cash grinned, dressed in his school uniform, his sleeve bulging over his enhancement quirk. "What you gonna do? Use your amazing quirk on me? Oh right you don't have one."

"Come on Tennyson, you really think you have what it takes to join the Hero Program? Get real. UA will laugh you out faster than you can say failure." Another boy with glasses and messy orange hair grinned as well. "Face it. We've got the best quirks for heroics. You on the other hand have nothing."

"Fuck you." Ben growled before having his face slammed into the locker again, causing blood to stream down his nose.

"What'd you say kid? Manners Tennyson." said Cash.

"PIIING!!" suddenly a set of earphone-like plugs jabbed themselves into Cash's ears as the sound of a voraciously loud heartbeat exploded into his skull. 

"AAAAGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!" Cash staggered away as a middle school age Kyoka Jiro scowled at him. 

"J-Jiro-san!?" stammered JT, right before Kyoka grabbed both him and Cash by the jaws and slammed them into the same locker, shutting the door and locking it. 

"Hey!!" roared the bullies as they struggled inside.

"Oh grow up, you can use your quirk to bust out." said Kyoka with a sigh. "Not like you weren't going to do the same thing to Ben here right?"

"I.. I didn't need you to do that.." Ben muttered. 

Kyoka sighed. "Let go of your pride Ben, you and I both know that this isn't about being able to do things on your own.. these guys are jerks. You should tell a teacher already. If you don't I will."

"WHAAAAAM!" Cash's muscular enhanced arm smashed straight through the locker door, wrenching it from it's hinges. 

"Why do we even have these kind of lockers?" Grunted Cash.

"Old building I guess." said JT. "Anyways, Jiro, you're gonna get it now."

"Oh look, the two only other american exchange students other then Ben are trying to assert authority over me." said Kyoka with a bored expression. "And honestly, what is this the American 1980s? Nobody actually locks people in lockers these days, its all about online bullying, which honestly you guys don't have the brain cells for.."

"Jeez Kyoka-chan, do you need an icepack for the burn you just threw out?" Ben muttered. 

"Bullying!? This ain't bullying, its educating!" growled Cash. "People without quirks who run around expecting other people to tell em they can be something in this world where a Quirk is everything are nothing but arrogant shits expecting life to hand them stuff on a silver platter. Life ain't fair like that. People without powers are better off if they accept their inferiority and work to make something of their insignificant lives. Hero? Don't give me that crap. Go be a cop, a stupid businessman, or some other brainless contribution to society, either that or go fucking jump off a bridge and pray to you'll be reborn as somebody with a great quirk!"

Ben gritted his teeth furiously. "J-just because you have a quirk doesn't mean-."

"Mean what? That I'm better than you?" said Cash with a foul grin. "That's exactly what it means Tennyson! But good news is that in SPITE of that you're of use. Your purpose in life is to support and shoulder the people who actually matter like myself. You're here to worship the real heroes of this society, buy their merchandise, bring their tea for them, etc.  That's what being a hero is, living it up. And only those with quirks can live it up while the rest of you dumbasses are the workhorses meant to give us the respect we deserve."