16| Sixteen

My body hurts. Every muscle aches and every time I move I can't control the groan that escapes my mouth. Meanwhile, Tristan has hardly been able to control his laugh every time I groan.

I groan, he laughs and I shoot him daggers. It's our little routine this morning, especially because it is all his fault. Let's go swimming he says, doesn't tell me how much my body will hurt the next day does he? Idiot.

Not only was I in pain, but the morning at work had just dragged in general. I stood from my desk to head to the staff kitchen, a coffee would hopefully help me feel better. 3pm pick up and all that.

I think the thing I hated most, was that despite the body aches, mentally I was feeling more alive than I had in years. According to Tristan, exercising released endorphins that you just can't get any other way. So he thinks he has done me a service. Whatever. Still hurts.

I had to admit though, life these days felt like I was living someone's else's life. It's so different from where I was a few months ago. Not being tied down by Noah was the best thing that could have happened to me, maybe I should send him a thank-you card for cheating on me and being the ultimate douche.

There was a little devil on my shoulder though, and he was reminding me that things never stayed good in my life and that we were just waiting for the other shoe to drop. For something to go wrong. How long would my friendship with Tristan last until he found himself falling in love with someone amazing and pushing me to the side. Would Scarlett eventually get sick of me living with her, and how long would Noah stay away.

Lost in my thoughts and with the sound of the kettle boiling, I didn't hear anyone else enter the kitchen behind me.

I just about hit the roof when I suddenly felt a hard body up against my back, knowing from the scent that hit my senses that it was Alex. I wish it didn't do something to my insides. He places his hand firmly on my hip and lowers his mouth to my ear.

"Didn't mean to scare you darling," he whispered. "I just saw you in here alone, and couldn't help myself."

My body stiffened on high alert. I knew exactly how this would look if someone else walked into the kitchen. Especially Tristan.

"Alex," I said with what I hoped was a warning in my tone.

"What's wrong?" He asked, picking up on my tone and body language, but still not moving. "Last time we were in this position you couldn't get enough," he reminds me. "Harder, Alex, harder," he says breathlessly, eerily similar to how I remember sounding.

"We're at work Alex," I try.

"I'm aware. I thought we could have round two at some point. I can't stop thinking about the way you sound when you come. The way you moan my name and that tight pussy clenches around me," he speaks low enough for just us, his deep voice at my ear.

I remember it and I can practically feel it when he speaks. But I can't do this. Not here.

"Alex," I repeat his name with confidence, forcing him backwards with my ass to put some much needed distance between us and so I can turn to face him when we talk. "I don't think we should do that again. It wasn't bad or anything, actually it was really good. It's just..."

"Tristan," Alex finishes my sentence with what he thinks I was going to say.

"What? No. It's not Tristan," I say shaking my head. "It's me. And you. I think we should just be workmates who had a one time thing and it should stop there."

"Right. I get it," Alex nods, but he isn't defeated at all. "You know how to contact me when you change your mind."

"Yeah, sure," I say. If I change my mind, I want to add, but I know I shouldn't. I know I should end this conversation and leave the kitchen asap!