11| Eleven

You know that feeling when you wake up, your mouth is bone dry, head slightly thumping and you slowly come around to consciousness and remember what day it is, where you are and what happened the night before.

That's where I'm at. As I come to though, I realise it's not just me in the bed, my bed? Yes. My new bed, in this room that is super bright right now because we did not close the blinds last night.

We... We?

There's a body under me. It's all hard muscle, smooth skin, broad shoulders. Our legs are tangled, my head on his shoulder, hand on his bare chest. There's also another arm around my waist from behind me, it's smaller, delicate, feminine. Skin, there is so much skin and so little clothing.

I slowly open my eyes, only enough to see who the bodies belong to. Squinting like when you walk out of a dark cinema into the bright summer sunlight. I swallow, trying to moisten my dry throat with any moisture I can manage.

My body is tangled up with Tristan's. He is still asleep, which gives me a chance to take in the fact that he is wearing only his briefs while I am practically mounting him. Gently, I untangle myself from his body, trying not to wake him with my movements. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I took a moment to admire the fine specimen that Tristan is. Swimming really does wonders for the human body.

I turn my head to see Mel on my other side, spooning me from behind. A position we have landed ourselves in many times over the years of our friendship. I usually actively avoid sleeping in the same bed with her because she like to snuggle, where as I usually like my space. My position with Tristan may beg to differ though.

As my body wakes up, the urge to pee gets stronger and I know that I have to unscramble myself from this bed. I sit up, gently lifting Mel's arm from my body and shimmy my way up the bed till I'm in a sitting position. From here I can climb over one of the sleeping bodies to get out of the bed.

Surveying my friends, I decide since Tristan is closer the bathroom and sleeping on his back that I'll climb over him. It's only as I move one leg up to swing over him that I realise I'm wearing only a t-shirt. Wait, Tristan's t-shirt. Where is my underwear? Did we fool around and I don't even remember?

Oh dear lord!

In my so poorly planned manoeuvre to get out of the bed my sudden revelation causes me to falter for a moment, and just as I'm about to lift my other leg over him, he stirs, opening one eye.

"Uhhh, good morning?" I utter, feeling myself blush.

I see Tristan's eyes scan down my body, surveying the scene in front of him. Which must be fairly shocking waking up to someone half naked hovering over the top of you, wearing only your t-shirt.

Tristan's eyes widen slightly, before shooting back up to look me in eye.
I follow where his gaze was and see how in my current position, the t-shirt has ridden up my back and everything from my belly button down is on full display.

"Shit! Fuck! This isn't.. Umm. I was just trying to get out the bed, fuck!" I stumble over my words and try to explain that this really isn't what it looked like as I continue my climb out of the bed, somehow landing on both feet and standing up to pull the t-shirt down as far as I can.

"Mack..." Tristan starts to say.

"It's ok, I'm just going to the bathroom," I squeak out before running out of the room.

I groan as I look at my reflection in the mirror, seeing the mess that looks back at me. How much did we drink and where the hell is my underwear. I then remember how I didn't unpack anything yesterday and all of my clothes are in boxes scattered around my room.