10| Ten

"Thanks for getting back to me. I'll submit the intention to vacate forms today. I don't have that much stuff to move out anyway," I say to my property manager as I sit back at my desk after my lunch break.

"No really, you've been helpful and if I have to pay rent until the notice period is up then so be it. Thank you, bye."

I hang up the phone and immediately bring up my email to send the requested forms.

Everything had happened really fast this last weekend and I'm practically ready to move out already.

The real estate is hopeful that she can get new tenants in fairly quickly with the way the market is, so I'm sending my paperwork off to vacate by the end of the week.

"All sorted?" Tristan asks from behind me.

"I think so. Are you still ok to help me move?"

"Absolutely." My friendship with Tristan surprised me, but without him, Scarlett and Mel this past week I know I would be an absolute mess.

***

The weekend had arrived before I knew it. I got out of bed for one last shower in the run down old bathroom, thanking the lord I would never again have to experience the rickety old shower door that you had to force closed and the lack of ventilation as the steam pooled on the wall and mirror, making everything damp.

By the time I stepped out, dressed in leggings and a loose t-shirt, Mel was in my living room organising boxes and Scarlett was walking through the front door with coffee's from Max.

"You are ah-mazing!" I gushed as she handed me the steaming cup.

"No, Max is amazing. I'm just the courier," she laughed at the same time Mel approached making grabby hands for the coffee.

"Alright, well let's get started! The sooner we pack up and clean this place, the sooner we can celebrate!" Mel says, between long gulps of her coffee.

I guess I didn't really have that much stuff, because within a few hours my personal items were either packed into Scarlett's car or waiting to go by the front door and the items for storage were ready for Tristan to arrive.

Cleaning didn't take long as I had already started most rooms during the week and would pay someone to come in and do a vacate clean before I hand the keys back.

"Tristan should be here any minute, so if you two wanted to go ahead to your place and we will meet you there later?" I suggested to the girls.

"Sure. I'll organise some food back at mine, ours. It's now our place," Scarlett smiled and gave me a hug. "Oh and here, this is your key," she said, placing a freshly cut key in my hand. "You should already have the other codes for the building too."

I hugged her back, grateful for this new friendship that seemed to have fallen into my lap. In just weeks Scarlett had become one of the closest people to me.

We walked out the front of the house just as Tristan pulled up. Mel was yet to meet him, as they had never crossed paths during their time with me over the last week. When her eyes landed on him getting out of the car, wearing casual shorts and a singlet that showed off his toned swimmers shoulders and arms, she shot me a look of approval.

Mel had voiced, very loudly, how she thought Tristan could be the perfect rebound for me, based purely on the things I've told her. I've tried to explain that we are just friends and I would hate to complicate a friendship that already means so much to me.

"Ladies," he greets, giving Scarlett a kiss on the cheek, before doing the same to me.

"Perfect timing!" Scarlett said to him before going around her car to get in the driver seat and waving us off. "We'll see you two back at the apartment later!"