3| Three

The morning sun seeps through our cheap vertical blinds, warming the room. It's still mid summer and the room usually heats up fast with the hot, dry Melbourne days, then it stays hot all day until I can open the window after dark and hope for a breeze. Proper blinds, insulation and cooling are not in our budget, nor the landlords. The only slight relief is the pedestal fan in the corner.

Once I work out what day it is and where I'm meant to be, the next thing I remember is last night.

I actually quit my job. For real. Goodbye Clive and The White Rabbit. No more teenagers hitting on me. No more late nights into early mornings. No more...

Fuck. What did I do?

If this new job with Scarlett doesn't work out, I'm going to be left jobless and we may end up homeless, or at the very least back at our parents, which as much a backward step as I can handle. I definitely do not have enough savings to keep us going while searching for a new job.

I'm feeling nauseas. My thoughts are spiralling.

What if Scarlett left our meeting yesterday and decided that she made a mistake? She might have slept on it and decided her instincts were all wrong. Maybe Clive will take me back. I might have to beg a bit, but he knows I'm good at my job.

Even if I did walk out mid shift.

My stomach turns as my head whirs with panic. Beside me Noah is fast asleep. Not surprising given how high he was yesterday. He was passed out when I got home last night so I haven't been able to update him on the job situation.

I stumble to the bathroom, relieving myself, I sigh looking at the floor next to the laundry hamper where a wet towel sits on top of Noah's clothes. At least he showered I guess.

When I see my reflection in the mirror I'm near horrified. I didn't take my make up off last night and my mascara has run, leaving even bigger dark circles under my eyes than already exist naturally. I quickly clean my face and brush my hair before deciding to go back to bed for a little bit. I'm not quite ready to face the world or the consequences of quitting.

"Hey baby," Noah mumbles as I climb back under the covers.

"Hi," I say, kissing him on the head.

He wraps his arm around my stomach and slowly opens his sleepy morning eyes. These are the moments I love. The moments I remember why we are together. Because despite the other circumstances in our lives, he does still love me. I'm sure that's enough for me.

"I love Saturday's," he mumbles. "You don't go to work on Saturday's."

"Nope, but I do have to tell you something," I start to say as his hand moves further up my stomach till he reaches my breasts and begins to play with them.

"Later," he says moving on top of my body, and at his touch, I'm more than happy for the talk to be later. He doesn't touch me like this much anymore, and I crave the intimacy.

He pulls my tank over my head, his sleepy mouth finding my left breast, his hand massaging the right before alternating. As he sucks and flicks my nipples I feel the tingles of pleasure shoot down my body, a pool of wet already forming between my legs.

I can't help the moan that escapes me as he continues touching me in the way he likes. Always taking what he wants.

I reach down to feel him, stroking his already hard cock through the fabric of his briefs. I ache for his hands to reach into my pants, but he is still stuck on my breasts. Just once I want him to give me what I need without asking.

Getting impatient, I take his hand and guide it down, till finally he gets the hint, plunging into my underwear and stroking my wet folds. We both know how this goes from here. It's been so long that our love making is like a routine.