13

"Miss. (Last name)?" You heard your colleague called out to you.

You blinked slowly and rubbed your eyes to ease the slight sting in them, staring a little too long on any electric devices can make your eyes sting so you do this every once in a while.

"Yes?" You whipped your head towards her and her lips curled up into a small smile.

"It's my shift now, you can go home. You've been working non-stop too." She let out a chuckle, her emerald eyes sparkling slightly in delight.

The sight made you feel better, she's the 'sunshine' in your workplace so being around her brightens your mood, although sometimes it only worsen your mood.

"Alright, thanks, I'll go home after-" You were cut off by Ace's shoving a cup on your line of sight.

"What-"

"Drink this, you've been working non-stop so drink this at least." His voice sounded a little weird for you but you didn't pay mind to it.

You took ahold of the cup and smile.

"That was very rude of you! She was talking you know?!" Sundra huffed and glared at Ace.

You weren't looking at them so you didn't see how Ace glared back menacingly at her and it made her stiffened on her spot.

Ace turned his head to you, his complexion brightened when he saw that you're already taking a sip on your favorite drink.

"C'mon! I'll give you a ride back to your apartment!" He said rather gleefully.

You didn't disagreed and just let him talk, you took all your stuff off the table and put them in your bag then you stood up and continued drinking the liquid.

"Thanks, ace." You muttered.

You walked past him and you heard him mumble to Sundra before he followed you to the elevator.

"How was the drink?" He asked.

"Good. I feel bad though.." A frown made its way on your face, a slight headache started to settle on your head.

What the heck? You grumble and gripped the cup before drinking the remaining liquid inside.

"Here, let me take that trash for you." You heard ace and you just nodded, feeling out of it all of sudden.

• • • [☘︎]

You fumbled on your keys as you sat quietly in Ace's passenger seat.

Your shift and his are already over.

It's currently three o'clock and you two are getting nearer your apartment, after the pop out on your phone.

You thought that it's ridiculous and you just turn off your phone because you think that it's just one of those annoying advertisement.

Your dull (color) eyes glanced at Ace, tiredly rubbing your forehead to stop the headache from creeping up more.

"Hurry up please. This headache is killing me." You groaned and saw that Ace nodded his head.

He's been quiet ever since you said that you have a headache which is an hour ago, you're thankful because he's considerate enough.

"We're here." He unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to you, "Do you want me to go with you?"

You unbuckled your seatbelt as you shook your head, yawning and rubbing your head more.

"I can go by myself, thank you for the ride." You mumbled and opened the door, stepping out then quickly walking away from the car.

You grumbled when you saw the flight of stairs.

"Right. Why did I choose an elevator less apartment again?" You wanted to punch yourself but you don't want to add another pain in your body right now.

You trudge your feet up the stairs, holding and leaning on the rails as you went up and up.

You kept fumbling with your keys when your line of sight caught of Ace's car, you furrowed your brows at this.

You're at the third floor and the parking lot is right in front of the building so you can see him clearly.

Why isn't he leaving yet?

A dreadful and terrible feeling creeped up to your guts once you saw him throw away something in the trash.

Is that what I think it is?

You panicked inwardly as you continued walking, speeding up your pace.

Your mind is hazy and you were dizzy because of the headache, you didn't want to think of something bad from what you saw but you swear that he threw away a box of drugs.

You don't know what kind and you don't wanna know.

Now that I think about it.. You stopped in front of your door.

The headache started when he offered me the (favorite drink) earlier.. You pursed your lips, And it got worst when I stepped inside his car.

Your breath hitch when your anxiety hits you like a brick, quickly fumbling with your key to get inside your apartment.

It controlled your body and mind the longer you stay outside your apartment.

Please just go inside the freaking hole!

You growled in your thought, the key slid inside the keyhole and you twist your hand to open the semi metal door.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips when the familiar cold air and smell of your apartment hit you.

You are finally home.

Without wasting anymore time, you went inside and slammed the door shut behind you.

You kicked your shoes off and trudged your way over to the living room, your mind wasn't aware of the chibis' presence anymore.

The sight earlier completely took over your thoughts.

You blinked slowly when you heard an audible talking coming from your living room, your feet dragged your body faster towards the said room.

Then, another sense of relief washed over your whole being when your eyes landed on the sleeping little creatures on your couch and carpet.

Right.

You pursed your lips, a frown itching on it.

I'm not alone anymore.

You quietly went over to the farthest seat on your living room, carefully and gently stepping away from your beloved little friends.

They're here. Waiting for me to come home.

You sighed deeply, eyes glancing at them as you took a seat.

Stop thinking that you are alone.

Your lips twitches a little before it curled up, a small smile.

Your TV was left on because all of them seem to fall asleep while watching the movie, oddly enough, it didn't make you mad.

You're usually the type to turn off all the appliances when you're not using them anymore but you just don't have the strength to be mad.

Finally, the dizziness won and your eyelids felt heavy for you to keep your eyes open.

You're already in your safe place so you didn't hesitate to fall asleep.

The next time I see him, I'll just ignore him.

Was your last thought before you succumbed to darkness.