16

-

Jeongin's pov

"So, you guys said you came up with a plan," Jisung started. We were all gathered up in the planning room, together with Minho, who was sitting on a wheelchair.

"Well, Chan did, but yes." I smiled at Chan and stood up. "We know Hyunjin is all about us betraying him and sticking with Mister Han, right? So, we will send one of us out there and make them pretend they left us and that they understand Hyunjin. They will gain his trust and together they will come here to kill Mister Han, but... we'll be waiting here, prepared."

"But, we don't know where he is," Minho spoke up, pointing out the plot hole.

Wooyoung stood up too. "Yeah, we know. That's why we're telling you. Maybe, you have some ideas?"

Jisung folded his arms and his mind went full on concentration mode.

"Actually... I do..." he said and scratched the back of his head. We all turned our heads his way with confused expressions. The air became uncomfortably thick in just seconds, the room felt stuffy and tense. Not getting any normal response, Jisung decided to continue.

"Hyunjin has spies surrounding our building right now."

"What?!" we all screamed in unison and San's eyes had widened to two times bigger size.

"How long have you known this?" I asked in disappointment, accidentally making it sound like an accusation.

"Just since we came back... Our system had registered someone trying to hack us too... Jun knows that already."

"I am trying to track him," Yeonjun said, not looking up from his laptop. He started furiously typing on the keyboard, while his tongue hanged out of his mouth in concentration. Soobin watched what was happening on the screen, his eyes shifting as if he was reading something.

"That could help us," Minho spoke up, wincing in pain.

"Yeah, he's right," I added.

"Hold up." Wooyoung put his arms in the air to get everyone's attention. "I am not getting it. They're stalking us right now and none of you is freaking out... and it's even supposed to help us?"

"Think, Wooyoung. Your plan has only one flaw. How does Hyunjin find out? We have a way for them to hear things we say," Minho answered the question. He sounded tired and worn out, supporting himself by holding Jisung who was next to him, as it was hard for him to sit for too long. The wound was healing well, but slow.

"Hey, don't move too much," Jisung whispered to him, face swallowed by worry. Minho looked at him with affection written all over his face, trying to relax his shoulders.

"Leader, I got him!" Yeonjun screamed and turn around the laptop, so we could all see the screen.

"He was recording our conversations until yesterday. I shut it off. The signal is coming from the building opposite of us."

"Does he know he is busted?" I asked.

"Nope, we made it look like we exited the room, so it's quiet," Soobin said proudly, expecting praises from the fellow members.

"Amazing! The plan can start right now..."

-

Yeonjun showed thumbs up as he pressed the button that allowed the hacker to hear what we were saying.

I showed him thumbs up back, before "entering" the room and calling for Jisung. "Boss, I need to talk to you."

"What is it?" Jisung stood on the opposite side of the room, just near the window.

"I... I think I am gonna leave..." I said hesitantly, getting very deep into my role.

"Leave? What do you mean?"

"All that Hyunjin has said... It makes sense. We made mistakes and we did not own up to them. And you? You never own up to anything you do wrong. I am sick of listening to you, when all you do is screw up!"

Jisung stayed silent. Many emotions flashed through his face, even though the hacker couldn't see us and I felt guilt speaking those words out loud, though it wasn't what I truly thought.

"I am...I am sorry, but... I am on Hyunjin's side. And your father... I hope he rots in hell."

I turned around and left the room quickly. I nervously bit my lower lip and caressed the gun stuck in my belt, making sure it was really there. I left the company building, but, hearing the loud footsteps behind me, I decided to turn around.

"Don't leave me, Jeongin. I can't even stand thinking about something happening to you out there. Just stay... Please." Jisung begged with genuine looking hurt in his eyes. I really wanted to break the act, but I stayed professional.

"I can't, don't you get it? You're such a fucking bother, leave me alone!" I started walking away, making sure not to look back. Jisung didn't follow me anymore.

I walked, waiting for something to happen. It might not. Hyunjin could have already seen through the game we were playing and somehow planned my murder. I was ready for everything and anything.

A black van drove around me and I didn't think much of it, before it stopped next to the sidewalk. My heart starting bumping really fast, seeing a window where the driver would sit rolled down.

"Jeongin." There he was. Hyunjin – looking like an ordinary young adult, not a psychopath who has killed numerous people, guilty or not.

"How... How are you here?" I asked, my voice going octaves higher as I tried not to ruin it all now.

"I heard everything you said, Jeongin. Did you mean it?" he asked, hope in his voice. He looked genuinely happy, small smile tugging on the corners of his lips.

"Yes... I hate Mister Han for treating you like that, he shouldn't have."

"Are you coming with me?"

"Where?" I asked.

"To my place. Would you help me take my fa-uhm, Mister Han down? We don't... have to kill the others, just that son of a bitch."

I shivered at that sentence. Looking at his face, I saw the boy I used to know and was so close to before all this happened. I remembered the times we would train together; not knowing what future lies ahead of us.

I just nodded.

"Okay, get in quickly. They might be looking for you," he said. I didn't hesitate, running around the car and sitting on the passenger seat.

"Hey, Hyunjin?" I spoke, fiddling with my fingers as I got too shy to look him in the eyes. Being in the same car with him, with no one else around, it was intimidating.

He turned around with an impatient expression on, his eyebrows furrowing a little.

"I am sorry," I whispered, not knowing myself if it was genuine or not. "For everything."

-

Jeongin took his role kinda seriously hm ?

- Sani