8

-

Minho's pov

"Here, everyone gets a flashlight and a walkie-talkie. We'll have another one here. They are connected so everyone can hear what is going on," Yeonjun said, gesturing them to take the stuff from the table.

"I will take you all there by the van," Mister Han added.

I looked at Wooyoung for a moment. He didn't look sad and miserable anymore. He was angry. His jaw was clenched and he was frowning. I knew that if he saw any of the bad guys, he wouldn't hesitate to kill.

"Okay, are we ready? Let's do this!" Jisung exclaimed to give us spirit.

"Good luck," Soobin said as him and Jeongin showed us thumbs up. They tried to smile at us, but I could see the worry plastered all over their faces.

"Don't forget to communicate." Yeonjun held up the walkie-talkie. "Please, come back in one piece."

-

The van stopped the first time. Wooyoung didn't even look at us when he opened the door and jumped out.

"The building is just down this hill, can't miss it!" Jisung yelled at him as he already started to walk away. "Please be careful, Wooyoung!"

"He will be okay," I tried to assure him as we started moving again.

I could feel something changed between us. It was awkward, but I could also feel curiosity or rather a new bond we didn't have before. I knew he wanted to kiss me and he could see I wanted to do it too, but there was something holding me back.

"Minho..." Jisung spoke out hesitantly after a few minutes of silence. "My stop is really close from Wooyoung's and I just...want you to know...Well..."

"Yeah?" I encouraged him to continue, but he seemed to stumble over his own words.

"Well, uhm...I-"

"Son, we are here!" Mister Han screamed from behind the steering wheel, hitting the wall which separated us.

"Jisung, you can tell me when we are back at the agency," I smiled as I spoke, reaching out to hold his hand. "At least you have something to help you complete this mission quickly, hm?"

Jisung really looked like he didn't want to leave and I felt the same way. I didn't want to let go of his hand. It was giving me strange comfort as if its warmth was transferring into me.

"Make sure you come back," he got out of himself, pulling his hand out of my hold and jumped out of the van, closing the door behind himself before I could say anything else. The car soon moved again and I was left staring at the place Jisung stood just now.

My stop came by sooner than I expected and it made me realize I wasn't sure if I was able to do this alone. I could hear my heart beating all the way in my throat as I bid Mister Han a quick goodbye and walked out on the meadow-like environment.

The van left and I moved only after I couldn't hear it anymore. I took a long look around me, gripping the handle of my gun as it was still stuck in my belt, but not seeing any building around me whatsoever.

"Hey, Jun, can you hear me?" I asked after I took out the walkie-talkie, pressing one of the buttons that made me heard by all the other people.

"Yeah, are you on the place?" he replied after just a second.

"Yes, but I don't see it anywhere..."

"Just keep going straight, Minho."

"I don't think Minho out of all can go straight," Jeongin's faint voice was heard in the distance and I couldn't help, but smile.

"In, be nice," Jisung's voice was heard too. "By the way, I just circled the whole thing, there is no sign of life. All possible entrances are closed off."

"Okay, boss," Yeonjun said. "What about you, Wooyoung?"

"I am inside right now. I will go M.I.A for a bit to look around."

I listened to them only half-way at that point. I walked for few more seconds, finally seeing my goal. The building which was surprisingly small was surrounded by large trees which hid it completely. I hurried to it and saw that the entrance was wide open as if waiting for me to go inside.

"I am walking in," I announced what I was about to do to the crew.

"Don't worry, no one should be there right now," Soobin said on which I frowned.

"How do you know that?"

"I don't. I am just trying to make you feel better."

I scoffed, turning down the sound of the walkie-talkie as I finally walked in. The strong smell of gasoline hit me so much that I had to put my hand against my mouth and nose to fight it. It seemed to be completely empty and quiet.

I ran to the other side of the vast room, stepping over some fallen over equipment and metal parts, looking through the window. My eyes widened as I saw there were huge pipes going from under the building that were letting out huge amounts of water that created something similar to a waterfall. It was all falling into a river that flowed aggressively.

I turned away from the windows and continued to walk into the second room. But, before I could make more than two steps, someone jumped at me. I didn't have time to react or even see who it was, but suddenly I felt terrible pain struck through my body and I looked down to see a knife sunk deep into my stomach.

I fell to my knees. When I looked around again, gasping for breath, the person who stabbed me was nowhere to be seen, but I could hear their footsteps getting distant. I was shaking so much that I could almost not hold the walkie-talkie as I pushed the button to talk.

"Fuck!" I screamed, feeling blood ooze out of the wound when I moved too much.

"Minho?!" Yeonjun reacted the first. "Did something happen?!"

"It was a trap," I choked out, holding the handle of the knife with my free hand. "I am...stabbed."

"Minho!" Jisung's voice filled my ears and I felt a rush of energy come through me. "Stay where you are! I am coming to get you! Don't move too much, I will be right there!"

I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. And that was when I heard it. Tick-tack. Tick-Tack.

I let out a huge breath, my eyes scanning the room I was in for the first time. That was when I noticed it. There was a bomb, right in the centre, counting down.

"N-No," I whispered into the walkie-talkie, before screaming. "Don't...Don't come here!"

"Minho? What's wrong?!" Someone asked, but I couldn't process who. I stood up, stumbling over to the bomb. It showed twenty seconds.

I felt like my whole world was spinning, my head getting so dizzy and there was no strength left in my body. "A b-bomb...A bomb!"

"Minho run!"

I turned around. I couldn't run out of the building. It would take too much time. So, I ran straight to the windows, no thoughts, nothing in my brain, other than "run". Run and don't dare look back. I sprinted towards the window, hearing Jisung scream my name, before I jumped and my whole body made contact with the glass, shattering it.

The bomb went off. At first, I thought I went deaf as I was falling, seeing the explosion completely destroying the building I was just in. And I just fell, pieces of cement and metal joining me. I could feel tears slip out of my eyes and I was frozen still, like a ragdoll with no life in it, until I was submerged into coldness and consciousness left my body.

-

lol

- Sani