1

[Will putting memes up there ruin the mood? Probably]
-

Minho's pov

I woke up really early, already feeling anxiety settle at the pit of my stomach. I was packing all morning, taking my gun, spare ammo and clothes, together with some other necessities. I didn’t know how long I would be gone, but I decided not to care.

Thinking about it the majority of the night – about the agent Jisung, my job – I was actually kind of excited. Anything was better than what I have been doing at the agency.

I heard you’re the best agent in the agency,” I heard Jisung’s voice say in my head, chuckling at how silly that statement sounded.

I used to be one. An agent that was respected by everyone, even people older than me, but it all changed after one mistake I allowed to happen. Since then, I have been stuck in an office at the very back, always hidden behind a stack of papers.

“Lee Minho!”

A loud voice broke my thought train, before I also heard an aggressive honking of a car. I ran to an opened window, only to see Jisung standing next to a black van with a huge grin. He waved after seeing my head pop out and screamed again: “Are you ready to go, pretty boy?”

I nodded and disappeared inside to grab my bag. I didn’t want to keep him waiting, so I did a quick check-up of my apartment in case I forgot something, before I finally headed outside. When I walked out on the street, Jisung was already sitting behind the steering wheel.

“Hey,” I greeted as I sat on the passenger seat, placing my bag on my lap.

“Took you long enough,” Jisung laughed and turned on the engine. We made our way out of the city and through a road I have never rode before. I haven’t said anything, just looked around, trying my best to memorize the way back just in case. It took so long that I could witness the sun moving from one side to above us, to other side, ready to set very soon.

“Did you sleep well?” the agent suddenly asked, his eyes not leaving the road that was now surrounded by woods. I just noticed at that moment that he had a sleeveless shirt on, revealing tattoos that covered both of his slightly masculine arms. It was attractive and I caught myself having hard time to look away.

“W-Why are you asking?” I replied back, stuttering a bit and leaning my head against the window.

Jisung shrugged. “Do I need a reason? You just look really tired, that’s all.”

“I always look tired, I am okay.”

“Fix that attitude, agent Lee, you’re talking to your new boss.”

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, only to see him wear a mocking smirk which seemed to be prominent on Jisung’s face.

“Oh shut up,” I murmured, fixating my stare back at the road, yet that was when we suddenly took a turn and the car finally stopped in front of a big metal building. It was so deep in the forest, far away from any kind of civilization. They really want to be hidden, I thought as we got out of the car.

Jisung was quick to catch up with me, putting his arm around my shoulders and leading the way.

“I have to introduce you to the team,” he said excitedly. We came up to the building. There was a red button which Jisung pushed and a screen appeared where he scanned his finger print and even his face. As he did so, the device beeped and a green light turned on as a piece of metal pushed itself in, revealing a way inside.

We found ourselves on an intensely lit and long corridor. I couldn’t help looking around in absolute awe. There were rooms on each side which had glass instead of walls, so anyone could see inside. Only a few were covered with curtains for some strange reason. I could see most of the rooms were filled with some kind of tech equipment, guns or medical supplies.