6

-

San’s pov

“Nothing on the hair salon security cameraaaa...” Yeonjun said lazy, elongating the last syllable and stretched out his arms, pleased to hear some of his bones crack.

“Okay, let’s move onto another one,” I yawned, looking at the clock. It was far after midnight, but we still couldn’t find what we were looking for. It was pity that except for the assistant’s house, no other house had a security camera on that street, so we were pretty much choosing randomly. Yeonjun was using a sensor that checked license plate of every car that passed on the monitor, but we wanted to see it by ourselves as well. I didn’t like fully relying on machines.

Wooyoung has been sleeping for a few minutes now, resting his head on my shoulder and tightly holding my arm.

“I don’t think I can be awake any longer,” Yeonjun whispered, massaging his temples. His pink hair was messy and his eyes were barely opened.

“Go to bed, Jun. I will take Wooyoung to bed as well and continue on my own.” I smiled reassuringly at him as he looked at me in hope.

“Thank you so much. I will go sleep next to Soobin...”

He left and I stood up, somehow getting Wooyoung on my back and going to our room where I placed him on the bed, tucking him in. I sat down, playing with his hair for a while, humming a song while listening to his steady breaths.
It was hard to leave, knowing I would have to work for maybe even few more hours to get the exact path the car was going. I wanted to stay and be with Wooyoung. Sighing, I finally forced myself to stand up, only to be stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist.

“What is it?” I asked, looking down at Wooyoung whose eyes were now opened. Even though the room was quite dim, I could make out a huge grin playing on his face.

“Goodnight kiss?” Wooyoung asked, not even waiting for my answer. He pulled me down, wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing my lips. I was frozen still at first, but I slowly started to melt in, kissing back softly.

After we pulled away, we lingered in that position, before I whispered. “Have a nice dream Woo. See you in the morning.”

He let me go hesitantly, though I knew both of us wanted to be together, I had to go.

“Don’t be up too long. We can always continue looking when we arrive at Mister Han’s company,” he told me as I was close to the door.

“Okay mom...Love you.”

“Love you too Sani.”

I came back to the computer, thinking about what just happened as I sat down. My hand touched my lips, feeling heat rise up to my cheeks as I tried to remember the way Wooyoung was kissing me. The way our noses brushed against each other and how he bit my lower lip softly as we pulled away...

I let out a breath, still in shock, fighting the urge to just go back and smother Wooyoung with more kisses. I had to physically slap myself to get out of my daydreams and clicked on another security camera recording, skipping to the time the explosion happened.

Another two hours have passed and I was more and more tired by each second. I was about to pass out when the monitor started beeping, making all the exhaustion run away. The sensor finally found the car. I checked it for myself and it matched.

Excitedly, I wrote it down on a piece of paper to remember. It’s going to be easier to find the path they used now. We just need to follow it.

“Yes!” I exclaimed happily, already imagining my comfortable bed and how I am finally going to get some sleep.