5

-

Jisung’s pov

Was he talking with the guy that attacked us?” Yeonjun was the first one to speak up after a shocked silence overtook us.

“Guys...this is great. We actually found something big,” I said, trying to convince myself that it was all a good thing.

What do we do now?” Wooyoung asked.

“A van will come pick you up tomorrow morning to transport you to my father’s agency. Meanwhile, help Yeonjun find Hyunjin’s car on the security camera recordings. I’ll send you all the info, okay? See you tomorrow. Stay safe.”

Yes, boss!” they all agreed and ended the call.

“You heard everything, right?” I asked, putting the phone back into my pocket, approaching Minho who was sitting on his new bed, looking into the window.

“Yeah, it kind of makes sense,” he replied absent-mindedly.

“How?”

“When we talked to Soobin and Yeonjun, they said the men smelled like gasoline. It was just a meaningless comment then, but it could actually be a clue. Hyunjin told them to come back to an abandoned factory...”

“Shit, you’re right,” I cursed, sitting next to him.

At that moment, Jeongin stormed into the room, holding out a paper. “I found it! The owner of the car!” he screamed, handing us the document and we immediately start reading it.

P-Park Jiseok?” Minho stuttered out. When I looked at him, I could see he was shocked, but there was recognition in his eyes.

“You know him?” Jeongin folded his arms.

“He used to be...my partner. But, it can’t be. He died on one of the mi...” he didn’t finish his sentence, staring at the picture of a boy that was next to the name and other information about him.  He had an army uniform on and the most significant feature was the bleach white hair that were styled elegantly.

“The car could be stolen,” Jeongin suggested, taking the paper back from Minho’s hands, examining the person’s face. “He is handsome.”

“Good job, Jeongin,” I praised the young agent, giving him a small smile. I noticed how Minho’s face had dropped and his eyes filled sadness. I could only guess, but Jiseok must have been very important to him. “In, I will show you your new room, okay? You should rest, it’s been a long day.”

I started to push Jeongin out of the room, wanting to keep Minho alone with his own thoughts for a few minutes. I only said “I’ll be right back,” before we left the room.

We walked through the long corridors of my father’s agency. The building had it all. From offices, planning rooms and tech rooms, it also had a lot of bedrooms. My father’s business included protecting people who were tailed by hitmen or the mafia. So basically, it was a haven for people who were on someone’s death list.

“Boss?” Jeongin asked.

“Hm?”

“Do you...like Minho?”

I froze in my step. “Uhm, no...? Are you crazy? We are just colleagues.”

“It’s just...” Jeongin scratched the back of his head as we started walking again. “I can tell you really care about him, though you two met not so long ago.”

We arrived at his room and I took out a card, pressing it against a sensor. The room opened and we came in, turning on the lights to be welcomed to a very minimalistic room. Much like in the ATT base. It was designed by my father, so each of the rooms had paintings of creepy people hung on the walls.