Veer nodded.

After sometime, Jaisingh entered the storeroom.

Jaisingh (to himself) : humme iss Birju ke muh lagna hii nahi Chahiye thha. Ek to iss Veer ne pata nahi kaha fasa Diya. Kya pata Rajmata ne Sapna Dekha thha ya sachme Koi Bhoot Rajawat house Mai dera jamakar baitha hai!😢

Jaisingh came and started searching the shelves for the magazine.

Jaisingh: pata nahi ye magazine Kaha hai...dikh bhi jaa Yaar!😩

And suddenly he heard a faint tinkling sound of anklets.

Jaisingh: (standing up) kaun hai?!

There was no reply but he heard the tinkling sound again.

Jaisingh: Dekho tum Jo bhi ho humme darane ki koshish mat Karo...

Rani who was sitting at one corner of the room and making those noises, now giggled.

Jaisingh: (hearing the giggling noise) (to himself): Jai beta ynaha rehna ab khatre se khali nhi hai, chupchap nikalle!

And Jai immediately hurried towards the door.
But the door closed infront of him, even before he could place his foot on the threshold.
(And this was done by Veer).

Jaisingh: Gaye kaamse, ye darwaze ko kya hua?

Rani(in mind): humme band Karne ka bara Shauk thha na tumko babua ab Dekho tumhara kaa haal karte hai!😼

Rani signalled Veer who was outside the room and then made another giggling sound.

Jaisingh (sweating): Dekho tum Jo koi bhi ho hum tumse Nahi darte... Hum Gwalior ke Prince hai!

(Jaisingh's antaratma to him: Bhoot ko apna biodata dene ki kya koi zaroorat hai!?)

Veer started sparking the lights.
This time Rani giggled louder, enough to make anyone believe that the giggle was that of a ghost's.

Jaisingh: (trying to gather himself) Ye lights ko kya hogaya, ye sab kya horaha hai...Nahi Nahi humme Bilkul Nahi darna...

Jaisingh grabbed a rod that was lying on the floor.
There was a tinkling sound again, this time closer to him.
Jaisingh turned around but there was no one.
(Rani had already hid herself).

Jaisingh: Dekho agar tum humare pass aye na to ye rod dekhrahe hona...hum isse--

Rani: (changing her voice to a hoarse one) Marega? Tu Marega mujhe? Teri itni himmat tu mujhe Marega? Tu janta hai Mai kaun hoo?

All the courage that Jaisingh had gathered till now disappeared within a fraction of seconds.

The flickering of lights, anklets tinkling and someone giggling was acceptable but someone replying to him was completely unexpected.
Presence of Bhoot, nope...Bhootni, confirmed💯.

The rod fell from his hands as his limbs started trembling in fear.

Jaisingh: ka-kau-kaun h-ha-hai?

A spooky laugh was heard instead of a reply.

Rani now texted Veer and asked him to open the door.
Veer opened the door as instructed causing Jaisingh (who was leaning against the door) to fall on the ground.

Rani: (in the changed voice) Jaa Chala jaa ynaha se,
Aur bahar jaake kisiko bhi mere baare Mai bataya
naa, to---

Jaisingh: (standing up) Nahi bataunga, Nahi bataunga...

Rani: (in the changed voice) Jaa!

Jaisingh stood up and quickly ran out of the room warily.
After he'd gone from there, Veer came inside and called Rani.
She came out too.

Rani: Dekha kaise oo chirkoot ka band baja diye?😆

Veer: par isse uska sabak poora Nahi hua.

Rani: parantu Jaise oo budbak ne humare darr Ka fayda uthaya humne bhi to oo hi kiya...

Veer: par uss Jaisingh ko itni asaani nahi chorna chahta mai.

Rani: Accha thik hai oo ko aap badme dekhlijiye ga, abhi aap humre Saath chaliye.

Veer: Knaha?🤨

Rani: aap ko ektho cheej dikhani hai, chaliye na...

She held his hand and dragged him with her.
_________

In Rani and Kiara's room,,

Veer was sitting on the bed watching Rani who was now pulling out a black box from her bag.

Veer: ye kya hai Rani?

Rani: dhairye rakhiye, aarahe hai.

She came and sat beside Veer.

Rani: ab aap apni aankhein band kar lijiye.

Veer closed his eyes like an obedient child.

Rani: ab apna haath aage kijiye.

Veer forwarded his hand.
Rani took out something from the box and made Veer wear it on his wrist.

Rani: ab ap apni aankhein khol sakte hai.

Veer slowly opened his eyes and looked down.
A beautiful black analogue watch was shining on his wrist.
Veer's eyes glowed up immediately.

Veer: Rani, ye to boht hii sundar hai. Thankyou so much Rani, ye boht Accha hai!🤩

Rani: Aapko ee gifat Pasand Aaya dactor saab?😃

Veer: Pasand nhi Rani, mujhe boht Pasand Aaya!😌

Rani smiled widely seeing Veer.

Veer: (moving closer) waise aapne bataya Nahi ki aapko Mera gift Kaisa lga?

Rani was about to ask which gift Veer is talking about but recalled it just in time.

Flashback:

At the engagement party after Veer and Rani were done being congratulated by all the guests, Veer took Rani aside.
Before Rani could ask him any questions, he placed an envelope in her hands.

Rani: ee Ka hai dactor saab?

Veer: khol ke dekhiye🙂

Rani (opening the envelope): Ticket?😮

Veer looked around to check if anyone was looking at them. Fortunately, everyone seemed busy. Veer taking the opportunity, held Rani's hand gently.

Veer (whispering in her ears): Shaadi ki saari rasme kar rahe hai...to (huskily) honeymoon pe bhi to jana padega na?

Her heart skipped a beat.
She started fidgeting with her fingers as her cheeks were slowly turning crimson red.

"Rani!"
Veer's voice broke Rani's trance and she came out of her flashback mode.

Veer: Kaha kho gayi aap?
Bataiye aapko Kaisa laga gift?😉

Rani: Kaa ap bhi---

She pushed him away and tried to run, only to be pulled back by Veer.

***********

Precap: Veer learns the meaning "Ami tomake bhalobashi".

Do tell me how the chapter was.
Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT.