"I'm not giving you the pillow back."

Lara babbling in her crib stirred Kara, not that she was able to move with Lena sleeping soundly, pinning her arm to the bed. It wouldn't have been hard to move her, but smiling, the blonde pulled Lena closer and kissed her temple. "Le, you need to wake up."

"No." To prove her point, she snuggled closer into Kara's side, hiding her face in the blonde's neck. "Not moving and not awake."

Chuckling, Kara squeezed Lena a little harder. "Our daughter is about to start crying down this place in the next minute or two, but if you let me up, I can stop her from destroying your sleep for a little longer."

Grumbling, Lena released her hold on Kara, replacing the blonde with her pillow. "I knew there was a downside to having a kid, no more morning snuggles."

Not wasting time, Kara jumped up before Lena could think better of it. Lara was close to waking up and if she didn't get there, she'd have two annoying people to deal with and only one would stop whining when plied with coffee and kisses. "You love her and it's not my fault you've forgotten how to function on three hours of sleep."

Opening the door, Kara ducked the pillow flying towards her head. "It is your fault."

"I'm not giving you the pillow back." She called over her shoulder, closing the door behind her as a groan came from the bed. Not that she'd admit it, but right then Kara wished she could jump back in bed with Lena, but she had an adorable baby to see to.

In the nursery (which she absolutely did not use her superspeed to get to) Lara was just waking up, breathing deeply to start crying when she stopped at the sight of Kara hovering above her. Carefully, Kara scooped Lara into her arms, letting her settle as she went to the kitchen for one of the baby bottles. Blinking up at her, Lara settled back into Kara, eyes closing sleepily in contrast to her hands searching for something to hold onto. Thankfully, she hadn't managed to grab hold of the blonde hair hanging down Kara's shoulders, not that the Kryptonian would be too worried. Hopefully.

There was no movement from Lena yet, choosing still to remain in bed, but she hadn't gone back to sleep yet. "How did you sleep baby girl? Any better than your Mummy in the other room? She's refusing to get out of bed, do you think we should force her out once I've got you fed?" Pulling a bottle of milk out of the fridge, Kara manoeuvred the lid off one handed and heated it up with a short blast of heat vision. "If you don't tell her I did that with you in my arms, I won't use you as a human shield to wake her up."

Lara babbled; eyes still closed as she finally gripped Kara's t-shirt.

"Don't tell our daughter lies, you'd use her anyway." Lena shouted through the apartment even if Kara would have heard her whisper.

Getting the lid back onto the bottle was harder one handed than getting it off, but with a huff and some awkward angles, Kara managed it... somehow. "You know, I'm looking forward to the day I can let you float in the air while I do this, but I don't know how I'd train you to do that on command yet."

With Lara feeding, Kara kept her in her arms as she padded back to their bedroom. Lena was still in bed, but she had pulled her own pillow onto Kara's side to hug as a replacement. "Should I be worried I'm being replaced by a pillow?"

Huffing, Lena leaned up on her elbows and turned to smile sleepily at her. "Not yet, but at least the pillow helps me sleep instead of waking me up."

"I thought you liked me helping you sleep." Grinning, Kara shifted Lara in her arms, staring at Lena.

Glancing down to Lara in her arms, Lena dropped her head. "If you weren't currently feeding our daughter, I'd throw this pillow at you again... or drag you back to bed."