"Darling, it never left."

A/N - Another chapter up for you all. I don't really have a reason for this taking so long other than I got a little distracted with the what seems like one hundred WIP's I have going on right now, published and not. I hope you all enjoy and know despite the slow updates I will be posting. Again... Enjoy!

***

The Conference Room emptied until the trio of women were left in the overly large room, restrained smiles poorly hidden. Waiting for the Old Farts to round the corner towards the main floor elevators, the silence in the room was cracking as Kara tried to stifle a laugh.

"You never change, do you?" Cat smiled, twirling in her chair to look at her former assistant.

Kara laughed harder, no eyes on them finally. "I mean, I just stood in front of the board and basically told them I'd be in charge as of next week and they had no say on it. I'd never have thought of doing that before."

They both had to give it to Kara, she was right. There was no chance she'd have done that before they left for Argo – okay, maybe that last week before they left but not before. "And yet here we are."

Lena smiled at Kara, Cat watching the two of them. "So, lovebirds, what are you going to do for the rest of your day?"

Kara shrugged as Lena smirked, raising an eyebrow, and cast a glance at her. "I know what I'd do today, but your sister is currently in our apartment and that's a mood killer."

"Now whose minds in the gutter?" Turning to face her wife, she smiled like she'd won an argument, as Cat looked on confused and a tiny bit awkward.

Lena's smirk turned into a grin. "Darling, it never left."

Cat stood up before either woman could do or say anything else. "Okay, I'm going to say this once. We're going to keep the talk to company friendly because I don't want to hear that again but make me and I'll print your dirty mind for the world to see."

Lena turned to her, surprised but relented, not giving the fight Cat had expected. No, that came from the once mild-mannered Kara Danvers. "And you'd find all of your laundry aired for all to see, or have you forgotten the things you used to have me sweep under the rug for you?"

Impressed wasn't a word either woman wanted to use at the blonde's retort, but it was warranted. For one second they stared at her before laughing, Lena kissing her on the cheek and wiping her red lipstick away a moment later. "I don't doubt you would Darling."

"Come on you two, we'll have a drink in my – soon to be your – office and go through a few things." Cat walked towards the door and opened it for the three of them. Together, they were a sight to behold, there was no doubt that they got stared at by the whole bull pen on the way to their office, smiles on all three faces from Kara's words of potential payback.

They weren't even in the office before Lena spoke, just loud enough for Kara and Cat to hear. "This is something I didn't miss. Do you think they realise it's really annoying and rude to stare?"

Cat gave one man a glare that had him slouching over his laptop to avoid her. "At least it's not because you're a Luthor anymore." She pushed open the office door and motioned for them to sit.

Lena sat and smoothed out her dress. "It's still that – at least partially anyway. Although, you are right, most of it's because I married this one." She nodded to Kara that was pouring them all a drink of water.

"For which I am grateful for every day."

Sitting on the couch opposite the couple, Cat picked up her glass of water with a smile. "So am I, it has given Catco a boost even after you two left. Everyone wanted to know how you two because a thing, the theories were hilarious." She sipped her drink. "Speaking of theories, care to divulge anything to an old friend?"