"First, that didn't hurt."

A/N - And I'm back! Another chapter is here and I hope you like it. Sorry for the lack of updates, writer's block has been a bitch but I'm hoping to be back with more chapters if I can keep my act together. Thank you for sticking with this story, enjoy!

***

Nothing since Alex had told them they had a lead on who paid the bomber, a few days of hoping for another update letting them know they could take Lara out with them. Instead, they were getting ready for another day of work, Lena staying home this time as Kara got ready to head into CatCo for the first time as CEO.

"Le, does this look acceptable for my first official day back?" Standing in the doorway to Lena's office, Kara gestured to the dress she was wearing, her hair down in waves with her glasses.

Already typing away, Lena looked up and smiled. "Perfect. I'll ask once more, are you ready to go in like that? I know it wouldn't make a difference now, but CatCo was your place to be normal. It still can be."

Leaning against the doorframe, Kara's smile dimmed a little. "I'm walking back in as the CEO. I don't think trying to be normal there is an option anymore. I get to be normal with you, with Lara, our friends, that's enough for me."

The two stared at each other for a minute, smiles on their faces until Lena's laptop dinged with another email. Moment killer. Speeding over, Kara meant to give her a quick kiss on the cheek, but Lena saw it coming and turned her head to get a chaste kiss on the lips before Kara was rushing out to their car. "Good luck."

Using the car to get to CatCo could look a little redundant, she could fly there in a few seconds, but it wasn't going to make them see her as anything but Supergirl. She was still Kara Danvers, even if she wasn't hiding anymore. Keeping one ear on Lena and Lara in the apartment, she let the drive pass in silence as she smiled with every laugh from Lara in her room.

That was one advantage to raising a child, she heard everything and saw everything if she used her x-ray vision, Lena could hear her too, it was going to take a little longer for the x-ray vision to stabilize. Parenting was easier than she knew it would be when Lara learned to walk, to run around, when she got her powers. Rao, that was a day she was dreading.

She was pulled from her thoughts when the car stopped, CatCo standing tall in front of her. Now or never. Was never an option? Probably not.

"Here goes nothing." Breathing deeply, she opens the door and steps out. Walking into the building, she spots a few camera flashes from some persistent paparazzi that had hoped she'd show up sooner or later. Why couldn't they just leave? Was what she did really such big news? She knew to most people it was, although why was a mystery.

For the second time, she didn't need a badge to get through the lobby, security not even attempting to stop her from entering and for a second time she was thankful for Cat's private elevator as she focused in on the top floor, listening to anything and everything she could. Nothing out of the ordinary, Cat was already there, readying the new magazine to print, the majority of it about her and Lena.

Just as the doors were about to open, she grinned at the frustration she heard from Cat as her heels started clipping towards the doors of her office. "Who is using my private elevator? I will have whomever it is personally sanitise it before I fire them." The last part was more to herself, at least to Cat it was, meaning several people in her immediate vicinity heard her.

As the doors opened onto the floor, she smiled as almost everything stopped. Everyone stared at her, Cat stopped her race to punish whoever stepped off the elevator and her assistant looked like she was about to faint.

"If you really want me to sanitise the private elevator you told me many times only the CEO could use, I'll have it done in two seconds, as for the firing me. I think you missed your chance on that." Stepping over to Cat, the older blonde was trying not to laugh as Kara stopped in front of her. "Now, as much as standing here is fun, want to show me where we're up to on the next issue?"

As quickly as it had appeared, Cat's smile was gone. "I'd try to slap you if I thought for one second, I'd hit you or that it would hurt." It was only loud enough for Kara to hear and she laughed as the room around them watched on, some slowly getting back to work before Cat glared at them or yelled.

Inside the relative privacy of Cat's – or was it Kara's now? – office, the duo walked straight to the balcony. "You always know how to make an entrance. I'll give you that."

Kara shut the door behind her. "Thank you. Although some of what I'm hearing isn't that happy to see me back." A hand smacked her arm, she instinctively flinched. "Ow."

Cat scoffed. "First, that didn't hurt. Second, stop listening to private conversations."

Leaning against the balcony, Kara looked at Cat. "Listening to private conversations stopped the board from forcing you out, you weren't telling me to stop then."

"I suspected you were using your powers, thank you for confirming that. Also, that was important, right now, you're listening to everyone in there to know what they think of you." She gave Kara a look when she looked sheepish. "And so you know, nothing they say stops you from being the CEO of this company now, or stops the fact that you are you, have been since the day you started working here."

Kara sighed, some of her former friends making their thoughts on her perfectly clear right now. "What have you got for those saying I slept my way into this job?"

Cat laughed. "Lena bought you this company long before you got together, deep down, you know that. It won't stop them from thinking it or maybe saying it, but it does mean that you know anything they say to that respect is said out of jealousy."

Kara frowned, but Cat continued before she could ask. "You snagged Lena Luthor; do you know how many people would kill to be in your position right now?"

She nodded. "Several, one has already tried."

Cat rolled her eyes. "Not what I meant, and you know it."

"Couldn't help it."

"I figured." Cat stepped back towards the door. "Now, care to look at so many pictures of yourself and Lena that you'll probably hate the sight of your own reflection by the end of the day?" Holding the door open for her, Cat watched Kara shake her head and laugh as they re-entered the office.

"Exactly how much of this issue on me and Lena?"

Cat stopped by the side of her desk. "How long is the magazine?"