"A Fine Meal To Pair With This Sake"

It is night-time, the dark sky means many different things to many different people, but here in Novum Chaldea, it means that all lights are off and the energy animating this place drops to nothing. Not particularly because servants need to sleep, but because the energy system supplying the building is terribly inefficient.

But despite it all, one person wanders around, their footsteps being the only noise heard in all the building. That noise belongs to a man who goes by many names, but whenever introducing himself, the only answer you will get is "I'm Stuff".

Currently, this man has been unable to sleep, and instead of making an actual effort to keep a decent sleep schedule, just decided to choke up on caffeinated drinks and power through the night.

What he didn't expect however, was to not be the only person in Chaldea's kitchens, as a lone figure was sitting on a counter, her silhouette only being revealed by the moonlight shining through a single opened window.

"What a fine time for a good drink don't you think so?"

The shadow on the counter spoke up, as she locked eyes with the Master of Chaldea. The latter didn't react as he simply opened the fridge door, letting the light illuminate the smallfigure of a demon.

However, what attracted the young man's attention was the cup she was holding, his eyebrow slowly twitching as the realization.

"That's my Lisboa stash!"

For an instant, his loud voice broke the cold silence of the building, as even the oni flinched at the shift in tone before looking back at her drink, regaining her composure.

"Interesting, you call it your 'Lisboa stash', and yet it is undoubtedly an Asian drink..."

"Can be. I don't drink, I just like to use alcohol for my arson attacks. The smell just screams intentional warcrime."

The tiny demon blinked in astonishment at that remark before breaking into calm laughter.

"You really are an interesting fellow. Signing a contract with you was a good idea."

She deals with her large glass in quick time before jumping down to the floor, gazing at her new master from below.

"Now that I drank up your precious weapon, will you use it to 'fire me up' regardless?"

She scoots closer, practically touching Stuff's body with her own. The Master of Chaldea on the other hand, had an unreadable expression, one would even say his eyes were covered by his hair.

"I never hold a grudge, these take too much energy."

He puts his hands out of his pockets, and in a rapid motion grabs the small girl in a princess carry, as she yelped in surprise.

"But you did offer yourself to me, so it would be stupid not to take you."

A fun sized oni in his arms, Stuff paces through the corridor, with laughter echoing into Novum Chaldea, as a thought resonates in the oni's mind.

'My dear, you look delectable from up close.'

---------------

And with this, Shuten is officially the second member of the "Master likes me so let's make him go broke" club after Caster Nero

I decided to pull out these narrative bits when summoning a new servant. Since this book is a thing, might as well do something with it rather than just go "Hey, I have a new servant. Now fuck off." Decided to do 2 of these one shots, one on summon and one when they reach bond 10. Of course I'm still gonna fuck around with this book but now that's a thing as well.

Other relevant summons include

-NP1 Beowulf
-NP1 Ibaraki Summer
-NP1 Hessian Lobo
-NP1 Helena

K bye.