(32)

"Can I rest for like two seconds?"

"No!" Avani responds back.

We were currently going to a red carpet-like fashion show. I would be the first and last to walk down it. Safe to say Avani was excited, maybe a little more than me.

With having to go first and last that would be a big part. I was the first one which meant I would be the one that they compared the next ones too. Then the last, the last image they would have in their mind as they left. It wasn't a long show so it was even more important.

"I have an hour to get there!" I complain, "It only takes 30 minutes!"

"What if there is traffic? or a crash? or or-"

"Calm down please," I grab her shoulders.

"Okay yea you're right." She takes a deep breath. "Who else did you invite?"

"I had invited Kio, Mads, Anthony, and... Vinnie." I answer.

"Vinnie?" She gives me a confused face.

"He was there when I got the call." I justify, "You know before..."

"Wow and I thought I was first to know." Avani jokes so I don't have to continue.

"Actually you were the third..." I close the door to the bathroom but I can hear her realize what I said and start questioning why.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You look amazing!" Mads says coming into the dressing room with everyone else, she's wearing a black dress. Although I did see that Vinnie stayed in the door frame.

"Thanks." I smile and she hugs me but quickly pulls away.

"Ah! I don't want to mess it up!" I laugh.

She is referring to the long silk dress I'm wearing. It is a deep red color with a slit that goes up to mid-high thigh. They hadn't put any jewelry or shoes on me yet so I was only in the dress.

"You're fine." I assure her.

"No you're fine." She jokes back. Everyone laughs but goes silent. I decide to break the ice I needed to break.

"I invited you, you can come in." I say to Vinnie.

"Sorry I didn't..." He mumbles the rest. He walks in with a black suit, like Kio, and with his hands in his front pockets.

"It's okay." I smile. He looks to me and offers a small smile back.

"Where's your other dress?" Anthony says. He's wearing a a deep blue suit, that matches Avani's dress.

"It's over here." I stand up and pull down the zipper of the cover that was concealing the dress. It was dark midnight purple dress that reached a little bit past my knees.

"Florence?" A girl comes into the room holding a jewelry and show box.

"Yea right here." I sit back down.

"We're going to get our seats!" Avani squeezes my shoulder and everyone leaves.

"See you guys there!" I smile and wave them bye as the girl puts everything down.

"You're Florence from tiktok right?" The girl questions.

"Yea," I nod, "And you are?"

"I'm Clarissa, I'm an intern right now but I want to be model." She says, "Like you."

"Well you're a beautiful girl so I bet you'll be even more than me." I truthfully tell her.

"Jeez, thanks." She says blushing and putting my necklace on.