Chapter 32: You're Lucky, I'm Still Here

UNEDITED

>> Playlist: To Me by Jeong Eun Ji <<

Kim Hara

Not long after we got our meal we were already done eating. Right after that we decided to go back to SandBox since he still had work.

The car ride back was sort of grim, I believe I took part in that as well since the moment I got in the car, the only direction I was looking at was the passenger window. I tend to be the type to go quiet if I have a lot on my mind.

Maybe that's why coffee-nim gave up trying to start a conversation with 'do you mind having the radio on?' and 'it looks like it might shower later tonight', after I replied with one word answers like 'sure' and 'oh i see'.

The short ride with the long lasting silence came to an end after I got distracted from my thinking. We were passing through the entrance of SandBox and there quite a few people standing around, with the big screen with a timer.

"Wow, that's a lot of people...", I said out loud without realising.

"Hmmm yeah, the hackathon is probably about to take place",  the voice in the drivers seat spoke out. I looked over to him and gave a small smile.

"Looks like its going to be fun", after I said this, his expression morphed into confusion.

"It would probably be more stressful than fun though...".

"I meant for the spectators", I said slightly laughing. It might be tiring but I can't disagree with the little sadist part of me that is sort of looking forward to judge these people.

"Wha... I wonder what's your definition of fun", he said softly, almost whisper like, covering it up with a slight laugh. That conversation came to an end and helped to ease up the previous mood in the car.

Coffee-nim looked like the quiet types but I guess he can't deal with awkwardness very well huh.

We reached the parking area and after coffee-nim parked his car, we got off and headed towards the elevator. I pressed the button for the lobby and it seemed he to be going the same direction so I didnt question much. This scene however brought up memories about that night in the elevator.

"If its something funny how about share it?", he suddenly spoke out. I gave him a questioning stare and he pointed towards me saying, "your laughing all by yourself right now...".

"Ah...", I started. I didnt realise I was smiling but since he asked, "sorry I was thinking about that day...." I paused for effect then continued, "the night Han Directornim got drunk in your office... dont you remember?", I teased.

He got so flustered and right at that moment, the elevator opened up and he let out a cough before stepping out. I followed after him, trying to control my expression. It wasn't long before I caught up to him, and before I even had the chance to part ways, his voice stopped me.

"I'm really sorry about that day though...", he apolozised with a slight bow. I took that apology with small smile.

"You already apologized for that.... on the phone...", I let out, "thanks to you I even got treated to some good kalguksoo food today".

Polite and thought out answers.

He gave a smile of acknowledgement and we began to slowly walk towards the entrance. "Truth be told, I thought you were not coming back to Korea", he said. We didnt stop walking but I faced him and asked;

"That sounds like you had some expectations huh?"

"Waa is that how you heard it?", he said smiling.

"Han Direcrornim, most woman could mistake that as expectation", I told him reflecting his smile. "So next time don't say things that makes people expect something, especially to women", I said with a slightly serious undertone, making sure my expression is as light as possible. Coffee-nim maintained eye contact with me for what felt like an eternity before speaking.

"That sounds very nonchalant but I doubt it is, right?", he asked- no- it was basically a statement, to which I answered with a slight nod. "Where is this coming from anyway?".

"Before, during lunch. When you took me a restaurant you're a regular at and told me a whole story about your acquaintance, you drew a line didnt you? I didn't peg you as the type to easily share your story to just anyone, so why would you so easily tell me all that?... I don't think I'm that dense just yet Han Directornim,", I answered. "If I'm not wrong that is...".

This man who since the first day never told me anything about himself, told me a lot today in one sitting. And it wasn't just about himself either. I just assumed that he wanted to create some space.

"You're well aware", he said. I noticed the small details like how he hid his hands into his pockets and the slight movements of his head, making his demeanor into a defensive act.

I feel like shit.

But that's for later me to figure out. Right now I just have to clear this issue.

One problem at a time Stella.

"Ne, thats why you don't have to worry, I won't cross any lines. Since you drew the line, I'll just.... play within those lines", I said, nonchalantly shrugging my shoulders.

"... Play within the lines?", he said in confusion. I wanted to answer him my phone started ringing.

"I'll see you next time Han Directornim", I gave a quick goodbye and walked away slightly, picking up my phone at the same time. I could sense coffee-nim still standing there, while I walked away and out of his sight.

"Yeobusayo? Kim Directornim", the voice on the other end spoke up. Considering I don't recognize this voice, I asked who it was.

"Yeobusayo? May I know who this is?"

"I'm Cha Joon Hyuk, your partner for the SandBox Program", he answered.

"Ah... I see, then if you're at the company I'll meet you there since we-", 

"I'm sorry but, I'm at SandBox right now", he interrupted, then continued, "I heard you had a meeting here so I hoped to meet you here".

Wow this man is straight to the point huh.

"Then you're lucky, I'm still here. Where are you right now Cha Joon Hyuk-ssi?", I asked while stepping out to the open area.

"I'm near the entrance open field area, how about you Directornim?", just as he said that, I spotted this tall man with casual suit wear with an inner black shirt and sneakers, looking around with a phone to his ear.

"Are you the tall man with the casual suit wear and sneakers?" I asked.

"Ne, that's me, where ar-", he stopped his sentence when he spotted me waving my phone slightly. With that he hung up and jogged over the short distance to reach me. "Anyeonghaseyo Directornim", he bowed slightly, and I returned the greeting.

I guess there's a lot of cute guys in Korea huh~

"Ne?", he asked. It took me a second to realise I said that outloud.

"Ne?", I acted like nothing happened, staring at his eyes hoping he doesn't realise.

The universe doesn't give me a break...

"...Ne", he nodded along

"...."

==============================

A/N: just saying but I only liked the second half of this chapter (¬_¬)ノ

Either way GUYS RITUAL!

Vote if you...

Comment cause I love reading your thoughts ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Share cause you have a lot of free time since your here instead of doing your homework anyway~

Finally

CLICK THE FOLLOW BUTTON CAUSE.....