Chapter 8: Stranger Danger

UNEDITED

Kim Hara 

I reached my hotel room and went straight for the bed. I fell onto my bed face first and stayed in that position for a while, before I screamed my heart out. 

Why. The. Hell. Would. I. Tell. Him. That.

I screamed once more before turning back around to face the ceiling. I cannot believe I called him cute and not cute at the same time AND addressed him as coffee-nim. Even to my mind it sounds weird. I groaned and whined, rolling around on my bed. 

Please swallow me up hole world. I beg you.

I mentally prayed all the while rolling around on my bed. After spending a bit more time erasing the memory, I laid still on my bed facing the ceiling. I just find him cute that's it, I thought to myself. The way he was flustered when I called him cute, was cute and also the way he didn't expect me to answer any of his questions before was also cute. I must've gone crazy cause that very man was the reason I got more work, but here I am calling him 'cute'. 

However, thinking back to the whole day I realised something. Han Ji Pyeong Director-nim, he likes somebody. Anyone with eyes can see he likes somebody, but to me I knew what those eyes meant. Unrequited love. I've seen it on someone way too many times to not notice. And the person he lik- I stopped my thoughts there. Who ever he likes seems shouldn't matter, I thought to myself, I just need to mind my own business. 

Ah yes, work.

I let out a deep breath out of tiredness and got up slowly. Forget coffee-nim, I have so much work to do. Just thinking about calling back to headquarters and informing them and contacting Alex and dealing with the Korean branch here..

"It's a long day tomorrow, ugh"

With that I got up and went to shower. I was too tired and drunk right now to even work my brain so quickly showered and went to bed. Tomorrow is another day to work even though it's a Saturday.

*************

It took almost a week after that day to revise the contract. Alex understood the situation but I seriously think he likes to mess with me or something cause he didn't agree to the revisited plans until after I re-did it four times. Due to my work at the side branch though, I had to hold discussions with Dal Mi-ssi on call. 

The problem in the branch company was due to a leak in confidential files, dealing with NGO's projects as well as our technology. I had to overwork with them to help them change the plans to make it better. Worse off the tech that was leaked was related to Noongil and the tech involved.

Of all the projects that could have been leaked...

After dealing with the emergency procedures, I finally got to  go back to my hotel after 3 days. By tomorrow, it would be a week already and I have a meeting with Dal Mi-ssi, In Jae-ssi and Co-Director-nim. I prayed that they are satisfied with the contract cause I think I would faint if they asked for more, and not by overworking, but cause of Alex and his antics. It was more like I hope that directornim doesn't have anything to say on this matter. 

The next day, I got ready and drove to SandBox with the required contracts. While I was making my way to the Cheong Myeong company, I caught sight of Han Ji Pyeong Director-nim, standing there talking to Dal Mi-ssi in the lobby. They seemed to be discussing about something important so I decided that I might as well get some coffee while I still have time. 

After I got my coffee, I turned towards the director-nim and Dal Mi-ssi to find that they were still discussing. It seemed as if Dal Mi-ssi had a lot of questions which made me smile a little. Coffee-nim must have met his match. With that thought, I didn't even notice that I was staring at them until they almost turned their heads to face. I mentally scolded myself that staring was rude and made my way to the meeting room floor. Walking out the elevator, I saw In Jae-taepyonim going into the meeting room. I then walked faster and entered the room. 

"Good Morning Taepyonim" I called out with a smile. She was sitting down about to read her files when she looked up. She greeted me in response and we sat opposite each other. Not long after that Dal Mi-taepyonim and Directornim came into the meeting room. We all greeted each other, and sat around the table. With the directornim at the center, Cheong Myeong company on one side and me on the other. 

Okay business mode. It's going to be a long meeting from what I see in the others eyes. 

"Shall we start the meeting?" In Jae-taeypyonim started, and we all agreed. 

*************

Han Ji Pyeong (the night he drove Hara back)

 "Yeong Sil-ah, tell me the weather forecast for today", I asked while wearing my suit. I had to head back to the office and SandBox. So many places to go and so little sleep. I got back home at around 2am yesterday and had about 4 hours of sleep before I had to get ready for the day. 

"Reading your fortune for today" The AI replied. I sighed out loudly since I really wasn't in the mood today. I hardly had any sleep and nothing works already so early in the morning. "It seems like you stumbled on a rock while heading towards the flower and hurt yourself. You got back up but that flower is gone now. But it's okay, there are fairies nearby that are helping you to find a new flower. A flower that is different but familiar. A flower that is meant for you". 

I will avoid the flower shop today, got it. 

I gave up on asking Yeong Sil anything after that and headed out to another work day. 

*************

Third POV

The office was empty, and it was raining so bad outside, which was the perfect time for someone to sneak in. The sliding door slowly let in someone and they walked softly and slowly towards the CTO's desk. The persons demeanour was silent and calm. It seemed as if they owned the place, they didn't seem to be afraid that they were going through someone else's desk in an ungodly hour of 3am. 

The person stopped looking though the desk with the label, CTO. It seemed they found what they were looking for. A locked case inside a desk. The person slowly took out the case and laid it on top of the desk. They knew that the key wasn't going to be anywhere obvious so they gave up on that, instead they took out their phone. 

Since the case was locked with a password, the person attached their phone to the case using some kind of device and successfully hacked into the case. It seemed that the rain outside was enough to conceal this persons movements because no security was suspicious enough to come into the room, meanwhile this person seemed to obtain that they came for. 

A pendrive. 

With that they easily arranged the desk as to how it was and before returning the case back to its place, the person copied the pendrive's content into their phone. The person kept the original pendrive back into place in the case and locked the case back into the shelf. Nothing seemed out of place expect for their presence. 

"That was too easy.." They whispered, to no one in particular and eventually left the place.

==================================

A/N: sorry for the late update lol I was binge watching The Penthouse s1 and s2. Comment on this if you have anything to say about it i found s1 damn dramatic but s2 just plain funny lol. 

Anyway with the influence of penthouse, I kinda added a slice of drama in this story. 

So remember, vote if you liked it and comment if you loved it ;)