Chapter 4: 'Outside Director'

UNEDITED

Kim Hara

After the phone call with my subordinate, I drove back to the hotel. Once I settled in I lied on the bed facing the ceiling. Its probably only 3 o clock but I'm already tired of the day and can't wait to sleep. However I got some work to finish up now. I have to settle the issue my subordinate told me and set the files for tomorrows meeting with Seo Dal Mi-ssi and Seo In Jae-ssi.

Letting out a sigh at the amount if work I have yet to do, I laid still thinking about today. My train of thoughts went to the good looking coffee guy I met earlier today. I never got his name but I guess he'll always be coffee-nim to me now.

Bye coffee-nim, you were cute.

I was smiling while thinking of this, but time to get productive! With that I got up from my bed and started to work. I still had the dinner plans with the boys so I had to finish up my work before then, that means I have about 4 hours. I tied my hair in a bun and just opted to stay in the clothes I have on right now and got to work.

Zznggg. Zzznnggg.

My phone vibrated with the in com in messages, so I left my work and looked over my phone. It was only 6 so I'm still not late to the dinner. When I checked the messages, it was from Do San, I gave him my number yesterday.

'Noona, I don't think we can make the dinner tonight. Everyone is working overtime today.'

I smiled and rested back telling him it was alright and to focus on work. I guess this works for me too since I need to get a lot of shit done. With that I set my phone Dow and went back to work.

I think it was around 12 o'clock that I finished my work and I realised I missed my dinner. Since the time was too late right now, I opted to drinking water and taking a shower. After taking a quick shower, I fell back on the bed and without further thoughts I fell asleep.

*********

I woke up to the sound of my alarm tell in me that its 6am and that I need to get up soon. I groaned and switched off my alarm and laid there on my bed like a dead ass zombie. With my mind still hazy with sleep, I thought of my meeting time with the Cheong Myeong company, which was a-

Wait. We never arranged a time...

Shit. I opened my eyes at the thought and check over my email.

Shit shit shit.

I was supposed to email Seo Dal Mi-ssi about the meeting time but I forgot. God damn jetlag. I completely blame the jetlag! I groaned and rolled over on my bed. I was always the perfectionist and this situation just makes me even more anxious. I need a solution first, so without further thinking I texted Do San.

'Ya! Can you give me Seo Dal Mi-ssi-'

Wait, should I address her as -ssi or -nim or -taepyonim? I will never understand korean professional talk god damn.

'-taepyonim's number? I forgot to set a meeting time with her yesterday'

While waiting for a reply, I rushed to get ready. After about 10min I got a reply and by then I finished setting up everything that I just needed to shower and get ready. I grabbed my phone and saw his reply.

'Here is her number 010********, but I think she's free around 9am later.'

'Alright! Thank you!'

'P.S. look at you knowing your girlfriends schedule,,, ahhh~ you grow up so fast'

'*sticker: pat pat*'

'*sticker: =.=*'

I laughed at his reply and dialed Seo Dal Mi-ssi's number. I really hope its not too early, its only 6:30am so it should be fine right? Before my thoughts ran wild, she picked up.

'Yeobusaeyo?'

'Ah yes, is this Seo Dal Mi-taepyonim? This is Kim Hara, we met yesterday? I got your number from Do San'

'Kim Hara-ssi? Yes I remember, what's the matter?'

'It's because we didnt set a meeting time yesterday, so I had to call instead, sorry to bother you. May I know what time we can conduct our meeting?'

'Gwenchanayo (its okay), can you around 9am? I'm too busy in the afternoon.'

I almost let out a laugh at how in sync these two are. I guess long term relationships really just make you this way, I mused.

'Sure, then i'll see you later at 9am, thank you'

After this we said our goodbyes and I quickly went to get ready. Sometimes I shock myself at how fast I can get ready since I'm done with my shower, hair and makeup by 8am. Since I got 1 hour to spare, I decided to grab a quick breakfast along the way.

I arrived at SandBox with 15min to spare and after having a corn dog for breakfast I felt full and my mind seemed alive now.

That corn dog was goooood though. Gotta visit again.

I made a mental note on that and went on to find my way towarda my destination. I knocked before coming in and saw the same view when I first entered. Everyone working. I noticed however that the boys seem much more happier here in Korea than they were in Silicon Valley. They seem to really be having fun at what they do here and somewhere in my mind that made me proud.

"Kim Hara-ssi" Seo Dal Mi's voice brought me out of my trance, and I faced her with a smile. "Morning! Shall we head over to the meeting room?" She asked. I greeted her morning as well and nodded at her suggestion. Dal Mi-ssi then usher me towards the meeting room where I realised Seo In Jae-taepyonim was also waiting.

We all greeted each other and started the meeting. We discussed the terms of the contract and about the investment as well and the profits that come with it. After about 1 hour into the meeting, we were dine with most of the discussions and they were going over the details of the contract. They told me that an outside director would be joining us shortly to go over the contract, but assured me that it would be quick.

It was a tiring meeting since Seo Dal Mi was conscious about contracts and it was hard to win over Seo In Jae's trust. They really were businesswomen. Although I understand their distrust a little, it didnt seem to make it any easier on me. Problem would be this 'outside director', I dont know how picky he his but since both the ladies here seem to trust him, my guess is that he is one picky man.

I let out a mental sigh and waited. It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door and he came in, but before he got to have a word in, I spoke my mind.

"Coffee-nim?"

************

A/N: this time its just Hara's POV I didn't want to make this chapter too long lmao.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you likey! (/^▽^)/