Chapter 24: Little Girl's Ice Cream

UNEDITED

Unknown (third POV):

They stepped onto the elevator and pressed the top floor which directly leads to their employer. While on the elevator, their thoughts moved to the first time he came here and started this job.

They never wanted it. They were scared at first.

However, a lot of things change as well as their situation. What was first supposed to be a rejection, turned out the complete opposite due to said changes. Now, they were confident in what they were doing.

There was no going back now.

They didn't want to mull over the past anymore, instead the past was swiped under the rug labelled as 'it was my only option'.

Ding.

The elevator reached its destination. They moved out and the surroundings became a now familiar office to them.

"Funny seeing you here, during the day even, must be important?" The voice on the other end of office, behind the desk had spoke.

"Yes Taepyonim, it seems as if someone has been tracing my steps. I got around to find out that a director from the US found a leak and is coming back to korea for an audit" the person said in monotone, holding their hands in front of them.

They felt scared that they were going to get found however, they knew it would never be that easy. The powerful man in front of this person still needed them to do their dirty work.

Ruining evidence, silencing a few peoole doesn't take much, so they knew to hide the nervousness inside a box and lock it.

"Already?... How have you been doing your work lately oh? How could they find out that fast?" The CEO questioned while looking calm, but you could hear the underlying tone indicating that he was annoyed. Not mad or angry, but annoyed. For this dirty man whose hands are clean, he's annoyed he has to waste resources to fix this problem.

Settling away their personal opinions, they replied, "apparently the director is knowledgable in programming. She was close with Nam Do-San and his friends so I'm assuming she used their help in finding the faint traces."

The room went silent. The CEO just stared back at him with an emotionless face which intimidated them. But as if they knew what to do they bowed slightly.

"I'm sorry taepyonim, I'll be extra careful next time", they said but the silence continued for a while after that. They still kept their heads low not wanting to face the man in front of them just yet.

The silence then broke with a 'hmm' from the CEO as he turned his chair around to face his window, overlooking the concrete skyscrapers of seoul.

They took this as a permission to lift their heads up and they went back to their original position.

"If what you say is true, then we can't let them find out about this. If that happens everything is over before it even began." The CEO continued, still facing away from them.

"Do you want me to silent her sir?" They asked.

"Ayy~ no. Don't scare the little girl, we don't work that way now do we?", they remained silent at this question while the CEO continued, "... For now make sure she doesn't dive in too deep."

"And of she does?"

"Hmmm steal her ice cream... She'll only cry about it for a while."

"Understood sir."

The CEO swung his chair around facing them again and this time smiled. His smile seemed very charming no one could tell he wasn't innocent. "This is funny cause my employees seem to think I'm not merciful...", he waved his hands around him and continued "see, I'm merciful. I'm a gentle man that doesn't hurt little girls. Don't ya think?"

"Ah... Ne" they said and bowed a little to show him their respect. His statement was so ironic but they just kept to themselves.

"Hahaha you need to loosen up a little" he pointed at them, "tell you what. To make your job easier, I'll help you with getting close to her first".

"Thank you very much, taepyonim" they bowed again. "Then if there's anything else, I'll leave you to your work".

The CEO waved to the door and they took that chance to walk away. Before reaching the door the CEO spoke again with what they described as 'stupid annoying voice' of his.

"Since I'm helping you, I expect you to clean up nice and pretty." He said.

They turned to face him and without a word out, they just bowed a little for the 5th time and walked out. While navigating for the elevator, their thoughts ran around on how stupid and narcissistic the CEO was. If anything they thought he was a Ric powerful man who's mentality is that of a seven year old kid. But they couldn't deny that he was smart, but that didnt me a he wasn't childish. They found an elevator and got on once it reached their floor, with a few other people.

"Jeogiyeo, I'm sorry but I think I'be seen you around before but you don't seem to be a staff at this company?" A man tapped their shoulder and questioned.

Their heart rate spiked but they kept a calm face and looking at his ID which stated that this man in front of them were from the HR office. Then they put on a bright smile, facing the man who is their height.

"I'm the Taepyonim's interior designer. He's renovating his home. Have you heard?" They lied through their teeth. It was almost second nature to them.

"Ahh no I haven't heard. Sorry I just never saw the CEO accept any meetings without prior appointments". The HR staff seemed to believe their answer so they went with it.

"Yeah, I'm very thorough with my work so I needed some urgent details from the CEO. I'm stubborn like that I guess haha". The other people in the elevator seemed to look uninterested however they bet that they were listening in to the conversation going on.

"Hahaha nah its good to be that was anyway. But can I know where you work though? Cause I actually ha-"

Ding

The elevator opened to the ground floor and they bowed to the HR staff quickly and rushed away before the man asked anymore questions.

This might turn into a rumor but its the CEO's problem now. They were somewhat happy inside that he has more problems to deal with. Just as they thought so, their phone dinged with a text message from an Unknown number.

Kim Hara: Personal File

===============================
A/N: DONT KILL ME.

I know I know... Hahahaha hi? Been a long ass time?

I managed a chapter but I wasn't feeling romantic especially after watching penthouse so I gave this chapter to our little third party friend we got here.

I'm gonna have so fun fun while ya'll try and guess who thus third party is lmao. Comment your assumptions here!!

Anyway.... I know its been a long time but you didnt forget out ritual now did you?
If you did... HOW DARE YOU, if you didnt then... YOU LOVE ME DONT YA ;)

So for those who forgot... (Smh guys I'm sad about this)

Vote if you liked it

Comment if you loved it

Share if you.....?(pls fill the blank)

AND

FOLLOW If you wanna know why I'm taking too long to update (T▽T)