I'll Be Your Hero

Listen to 'I'll Be Your Hero' by Tommee Profitt! This was the whole idea for this story to begin with and it's such an amazing song. :D

. . . . Plus it fits this chapter really well . . . .. you'll see soon.

"Finally . . . time?" Mia repeated his words, "WH-What are you talking about? Why are you doing this, Dark!?"

Anti growled, "Yeah, and why go after us? Me, I can understand. We've never gotten along but Mia?!"

Dark just chuckled, covering his smile with his hand as if so delighted by all of this, "Oh, that's hilarious! You really are that dumb? Don't you remember what I told you in my office that day? I'm not after you . . .. I never was. You were just a small pawn in my chess game"

"You were after me . . . but why?!" Mia couldn't figure it out for the life of her. She didn't understand any of this. Was Dark EVER her friend?

"Your power is special, Mia" he grinned, "And you can thank dear Dark for mucking your life up for you!"

She cringed back and shuddered, "W-wait . . . . what?"

Dark's aura started to separate and somehow, the atmosphere got even colder as he started to laugh, "Ahahaha. . .. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" His hands fell to his knees as he could barely contain it, laughing so hard, "Ahahahahah! I had you fooled the entire time! That just proves how competent I am! I AM the best and fuck those bastards for telling me otherwise! But anyway, that's another rant" he grinned.

Anti clenched his fists and sparked, his neck already starting to bleed from all of the chaos and now with this . . . . . it was almost too much. He felt like he'd start slipping.

The imposter laughed again, "I AM ACTOR MARK, YOU IDIOTS!"

Mia gaped at him, "Wh . .. but how is that possible!? Mark would have noticed-"

"But he didn't, did he?" Actor went back to chuckling lightly, a snide look on his face, "He's just as stupid as all the rest of them. But not Anti . . . no, he realized right away something was up. Are you SURE you and Dark weren't really friends? Or at least just rivals?"

Anti scoffed, "Well if you're Actor . . . then what have you done with Dark? Did you kill him?"

Mia covered her mouth. She didn't even want to think about it. She was still trying to process that this WASN'T Dark. Relief hit her but also . .. where WAS her friend?

Actor held out his hands as if pointing to himself, "Well he's right here, of course! Flesh and blood and all!"

"What?" Anti took a step back towards Mia again just in case Actor was tricking them into lowering their guard.

"What are you talking about!?" Mia was losing her patience. No matter how scared she was suddenly, her anger was pushing through, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO DARK!?"

"Easy now, easy, little one" he cooed, "I'm merely borrowing his body is all. I had to use it to get to you to see if he really was telling the truth and lookie here! To my surprise, he really was! Even HE was shocked, though!"

"WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT!?" Mia pushed past Anti, tears starting to stream down her face, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?"

Actor sneered, his teeth showing like a predator. A wolf ready for the kill, "My dear . . . . . I found it quite evident the other day when you launched the poor hero out into the lake that even you didn't know of your power. But Darky's been hiding something from you. You see . . . he knew you had this gift . . or at least . . he speculated."

"What?!" she hissed, "You fucking piece of trash, I swear, I'll-"

"I'm not lying. Do you want to ask him yourself? I'll gladly throw him the phone" he snorted. But he didn't even give her time to answer and his aura waved out of control going from a red to blue.