What Now?

Mia hugged herself sitting on the couch. Watching everyone else argue and pace around got her anxious. She felt guilty that she wasn't much help earlier and watching Henrik patch Anti up . . . . it made her feel terrible. Here she could have actually maybe done something to help this time and yet she went back on habit and let the others fight instead.

With a deep exhale, Mia pushed her knees up to her chest for comfort.

Anti cracked his neck. He looked to be a bit in pain still from the bite of the shadow creature but also . . . . VERY cocky. His whole face just shouted, 'I told you so' but no one wanted to hear it.

Least of all Mia.

Her best Iplier friend had just betrayed her. He seemed to have maybe convinced his brothers he was innocent during the fight but she and the Septics knew better. That's why they left so abruptly.

'Was he . . . . just toying with me all along?' she thought to herself and she hated it. But they were friends before . . . weren't they? They got along so well.

'No, I can't believe . .. there must be something wrong with him. There has to be. What about on the tape before when he . . was talking to someone?' And yet he seemed to be in full control over himself. Acted like himself.

She sighed heavily, lost in her mind, 'All those talks we had . . . . all the times we vented to each other . . . did it mean anything?'

"Hey Mia, you okay?" a hand reached out to her but when she saw the glove, she panicked and flinched away.

"Get away from me!"

Jackie shot back, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please just don't do that thing again!"

"What thing?" she glared.

Sean cleared his throat, "Mia . . .. your eyes are glowing . . . you're lighting up again"

Mia blinked and jumped off the couch to get away with a scoff, "So what? . . . . Not like he wouldn't deserve it anyway"

"Mia, I'm-" Jackie tried to stop her but it was too late and she was bolting up the stairs.

Evelien blinked, looking around at them all, "Oh boy . . . . what a day, am I right? . .. I'm gonna just . . . I'm gonna go talk to her"

Sean groaned to himself and ran his hands down his face, "Ugh this is awful"

Henrik finished wrapping Anti's arm and nodded in agreement, "Yes. I do hope they don't mind us rushing away like zhat"

"Fuck that" Marvin rolled his eyes, "We have a bigger problem than bad manners. The big problem is now we know that Anti's shadow demons ARE real and aren't afraid to just pop out of fucking nowhere"

Anti vaguely heard Marvin but was honestly not paying much attention. He stared at the stairs where Mia had ran off.

And so was Jackie.

Jameson signed, 'And what are we going to do about it? Marvin, didn't you kill it?"

He shrugged, "Who knows . . ." he put a hand on his waist, "Anti said he's killed them before supposedly and they reappeared in numbers like a hydra. We can hope, though"

"And what about Dark?" Jackie piped up, "I know you guys are upset still with me but we have to talk about all the angles. That creature didn't just come out of nowhere. It came right when you guys were accusing Dark. I think Anti was right before. It was Dark's doing."

They went silent and Jackie looked around at them all, "What? Seriously? Even you're not gonna say anything, Anti? I just admitted you were right!"

The glitch shrugged, "Yeah well . . . . Now doesn't feel . . . like a good time to gloat anymore"