The Big Business Trip Begins

Mia was exhausted. It was a rough day for her but the others would argue it was worse for them.

They'd be leaving for LA the next day so everyone's had some loose ends to take care of before taking off. They didn't know how long they'd be gone, so they just thought they'd take care of everything before the big day.

Yay for Mia.

Jackie had a ton of hero work he was doing, patrolling the city and putting away a ton of harmless punks much to Mia's dismay. He could have done the latter by himself but he wanted to be sure he was strong enough with her help. She tried to argue that the police could just take care of that but he wanted to do it himself. She was at least grateful he didn't need her for patrolling so she went back home.

Except, Chase talked to Stacey and they came to an agreement that he could go. This meant, however, that the kids were sad so auntie Mia had to come and help cheer them up. She took them to a local carnival with Chase where he had Mia amplify his 'power', making him able to shoot down all the pins thus winning his kids some stuffed animals to play with while he was gone.

Jameson wanted to finish his play for a silent movie competition he had entered in but in order to make it how he wanted, he had to ask Mia to amplify HIS powers, too, making him able to change his surroundings into his own 'Jameson's Jaunts'. Already Mia was beat.

Did I mention she was helping all of them one after the other with no breaks in between?

However, she was about to take a nap finally when Henrik burst into her room telling her she had to give him his power to heal. Jackie had gotten involved in a bombing and got hurt. She didn't understand how since he said he was only going to be patrolling!

Mia rushed down to Henrik's lab and shuddered when she saw Jackie's broken body.

"Goddammit, Jackie! What did you do!?"

"Not now, Mia!" Henrik shouted at her, "Just help me already!"

Mia grabbed Henrik's shoulder, giving him a big boost to try his best to heal Jackie.

They were all down in the lab except for Chase. Marvin was calling him to let him and Sean know of the situation. Even Anti was down there watching curiously.

It wasn't that bad, though in the end. It never took Henrik long to heal anyone after Mia's help.

Of course, now, she felt so fucking sick, herself. Like she might pass out and it would have showed if she wasn't amazingly good at hiding it.

"Thanks, Hen" Jackie thanked him, "Man, I need a nap after that. I'll see you guys in the morning, yeah?"

And just like nothing happened, he got up and left, patting Mia's shoulder, "Hey let me know when supper's done, alright?"

"Uh . . .yeah . . . .sure"

Anti didn't like this interaction.

'After everything she's done for them all today . . . . you'd think they'd have more gratitude than this'

Of course, he knew they were all dense.

'Why doesn't she just tell them to fuck off sometimes, though? Chase didn't need her abilities today and really neither did Jameson.' yes, he followed her around in her phone. It was risky but what else did he have to do today? He was bored. He was just very lucky those creatures didn't come after him around her and one of the other egos outside the house.