She'll Never Be the Same

Trigger warning for this chapter will be labeled.

Even Chase was getting irritated with Jackie tonight. Once Wilford and Magnum brought out the Kegs of beer, Jackie was gone and getting even drunker than Chase would. Well honestly, Chase hadn't been drinking much lately even without Stacey and the kids around but it was still a lot to handle. He was worried about Mia lately and chose and try and keep an eye on her as best as he could.

But she was still sitting off by herself staring out at the lake.

'Poor kid. . . . and all that stuff with earlier with Jackie, Anti and Dark and all that shit . . . Should I go talk to her?'

As Chase looked around, though, he felt his eyes weren't the only ones on Mia and he turned to see Anti holding a can of beer watching her, too. The beer wasn't even open and he doubted Anti had drank anything all night.

'I wonder what's up with him . . . . . he doesn't . . . like her. . .does he?' but he wasn't stupid. He saw the look in Anti's eyes even if those two were clueless.

Chase shook his head, 'What a mess. . . oh god, why is Jackie going up to Mia?'

Henrik was sipping on some water with Jameson having a light conversation with Host and Dr. Iplier. Henrik was oblivious on emotions sometimes but even he saw something, too.

He feared for Mia's safety with so many suitors but was confident she'd make the best decision for herself if any of them at all.

'She's been more depressed lately. Irritable and snapping at everyone. . . . ' he sighed to himself, 'I hope we get to all go home soon. Maybe things will be better then'

Dr. Iplier nudged him, "Seems Jackie's luring Mia off. What do you think he's gotta say to her? She already knows about his feelings" he snorted.

Henrik snapped his head to look back over to Mia only to find she was gone walking off with Jackie towards the lake.

'Oh sheisse . . . he better not do anything stupid'

Jameson gave him a worried look but neither one of them went after the two.

"You think I should stop him?" Sean tapped his foot on the concrete. He was anxiously drinking, "Jackie's never gotten so drunk before. What if he does something stupid?"

Mark, the ever sober one, shrugged, "I bet she can handle herself. She controls their powers, right?"

"Well yeah but Jackie's also been working out on his own . . . I should go after them"

"Sean, you're not her dad. Maybe you should stop acting like it" he brought up a point.

"Excuse me?"

Mark just shrugged, "Well . .you know . .. I mean don't make me the bad guy here! But you act like they're all your kids . . especially Mia"

"Because she practically is." he argued, "I created her and Evelien even helped name her. She's ours."

Mark sighed, "They're their own people, Sean. And I just mean . . . You care for them too much."

"Or maybe you just care for yours too little. Remember Celine and Damien and what you did to Wilford and Host? To Eric, too?" Mark fell into silence and Sean nodded, "I thought so. Stay out of how I feel about my egos. I don't tell YOU that Dark needs counseling"