Chapter 22 - The Important Guest

Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty. She was present at the dinner table with glamorous make-up. Her hair was golden blonde and wavy as beautiful as the Aegean Ocean in the evening sun.

The dinner ceremony at Ares palace, to announce their marriage was finally held. Although during her preparations Jill was often restless and uncomfortable knowing Ares was avoiding her-she still tried to treat her guests well.

The Satyrs seemed busy joking around, the Nymphs didn't make a sound though; but they helped brighten up the room with their beautiful look. The Titans, demigods and centaurs chattered loudly while drinking wine.

But there are some special tables, which were occupied by the most important people on Olympus. Like Aphrodite accompanied by her son Eros. As well as several other gods who are also sons of Ares, namely Phobos and Deimos. There was also Dionysius who came alone. Jill saw him place a jar of wine by the pile of fresh fruit laid out on the plate.

Jill never expected that this dinner would be attended by all the gods of Olympus. But the guests who came at this time were only those who were quite familiar with Ares or his descendants. Jill became convinced that their marriage indeed was not special.

Ares did say that this banquet would be attended by his family. But Jill thought it would be more crowded. Because almost all the gods of Olympus were related by blood. In fact it seems almost all gods are descendants of Zeus.

The girl felt left out. Because instead of accompanying her, Ares sat next to Aphrodite who was clinging to him. Ares probably hadn't greeted her at all today. But Jill refused to look sad because of it. She raised her head and smiled with her guests.

She was already familiar enough with the residents of Ares palace that she wasn't too worried about being lonely.

"Your new wife, she seems popular among your followers," Aphrodite whispered in His ears.

Ares didn't respond other than taking a sip of his wine. He let Aphrodite rest in his arms, but his thoughts were focused on Jill. He still remembered the last time they met where the girl had rejected him. He remembered the frightened expression on his young wife back then-when he was being mean to her. Ares regretted it a little and until now was reluctant to talk with her.

"This isn't interesting, I thought the girl would stupidly come up to us and try to snatch you or something-you know, like your previous lovers," Aphrodite commented again.

"I already told her that I have you, she promised she wouldn't care no matter what we do," Ares responded flatly.

"And she just agreed? Wow, you have a submissive wife, Ares. I'm guessing she's quite pleasant in bed," Aphrodite commented sarcastically.

"I haven't touched her," Ares responded flatly.

"What why?" The goddess was surprised.

"She's not that attractive, I'm just not interested enough," Ares said while looking the other way. He lied of course. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so passionate about a woman. Neither did he say it because he wanted to please Aphrodite. But more to maintain his pride.

"Not interested? Really? Even I Aphrodite admits it. She-pretty much, okay" Aphrodite said reluctantly.

"Maybe she's just not to my taste," Ares dodged.

"Well, if you don't like it, let another Titan have her. Yesterday you said she was a gift from a bet made by the gods right. Is Dion also included?"

"Yes, Dionysius, Hermes and Apollo," replied the war god flatly.

"Look over there, don't they look good together?" Aphrodite laughed.

At this time, Dionysius the wine god who had been busy chatting with Phobos and Deimos walked over to the table of the Titans and demigods. Jill was joined in and dined with them.