Chapter 15 - His Curiousity

Jill tried to remember her life before she got lost in the forest of Olympus and was almost eaten by wolves. She was an actress. But not an ordinary actress. She started her career since teenager and had her own drama series on Disney channel. Now that she was 23 years old, she only appears in movies and occasionally became voice actress or do commercials.

She tried to remember something in her past that could help her deal with this situation. Jill often acted with famous Hollywood actors and models. Some of them even openly asked her out. Although most of the time Jill decided to end it after a few dinners together— because she was too busy with her works.

They are all good looking, because handsome actors and models are more favored by the world market. Jill was used to it and no longer a teenager who gets excited when she was close to a model or member of boy band with angelic face.

But this time Jill was nervous. He shouldn't be this handsome. The god of war she thought was ideally more scary with a bushy beard on his face as well as some ghastly scars.

Ares was an overly attractive man. Even for her who works and knows nearly half of the most handsome public figure in Hollywood. His well-groomed jet-black hair looked pleasant to the touch. His eyes were dark and shady—harboring a mysterious yet friendly impression. His face was more captivating than the statue of the God and goddess in the Greek museum she had visited.

His skin was not too light. His physique was also perfectly sculpted—thanks to his fighting and monster killing hobby.

Jill suspects Ares' charm was also influenced by his charisma and thousands of years of age. He was more confident, sounded intelligent and made any mortal creature felt small in front of him. Jill was intimidated. He was a real god of war. One of the most powerful entities on the Greek today.

Perhaps Ares can be equated with Vladimir Putin, the Russian president of her time. The difference was that he was older, more experienced, more dangerous and more handsome.

"You are very quiet, princess of Sparta. I wish I could hear your voice," Ares rebuked her who now turned her face the other way. Apart from being afraid of being caught that she was blushing. She was embarrased of her current dirty and soil-stained condition.

Jill was grateful that Ares didn't carry her until they arrived at his palace. Ares found her horse and now they both ride it. Jill felt ridiculous as her muscles involuntarily tightened in panic because being so close with him. Ares seemed to notice her reluctance to touch and sat slightly away from her. Even so, his hand holding the reins was still able to protect the Spartan princess from falling. He also spurred his horse not too fast.

"My throat hurts a little from screaming so much earlier," Jill reasoned in a slightly softer voice.

Jill was still tried to analyze the current situation. Slowly, she was able to overcome the awkwardness and began to think logically. She couldn't carelessly open her mouth. She couldn't joke and laugh like she had with Alastair and the emissaries before.

She was just a human who had lost her freedom. A princess who was called the most beautiful in Greece but was not immortal. A girl who knew nothing about Olympus and its gods and was not even twenty years old.

"Oh, I'm really rude. You must be very thirsty, princess of sparta. Here, have a drink." Ares handed her a leather pouch filled with water.

"Thank you," Jill nodded and accepted. Then she gulped down the contents a few times before giving it back.

All her life, Jill was anti-sharing glasses and plates with others. But this time she accepted it for fear that Ares would be offended if she refused.