Chapter 11 - The Envoy and The Princess (1)

Attica was an Amazonian female knight. Her dark brown - short wavy hair, brown pupils, and her firm facial structure made her seem like an unapproachable person. Jill noticed that her steps were as firm as a men's. As well as her athletic back and shoulders. She must be trained a lot.

For several hours on their journey to Olympus— Jill was busy observed all the envoy. At first, Attica, even though she seemed fierce, was actually very friendly. she seems tried to be on par with the men around her and refused if they tried to help her.

"Is it because we travel with a Princess so you feel that you have to act like this to me?" She was annoyed when Alastair and his partner Argus tried to help her get on the horse after a short rest by the river.

"Sorry, we forgot you're not a girl," Argus raised his hand and shook his head.

"I am female!" Attica replied.

"Oh come on Attica, you are almost 300 years old, one day you will also get married. None of your amazon friends are here, it's okay to be spoiled for once in a while," Lasonas teased. He was another emissary with short dark hair and a scar on his face near his ear.

Jill who was rode her horse leisurely with Attica frowned slightly every time she heard the messengers spoke. Are they really not human? She still had a hard time to believed it.

"We're on duty, Lasonas! I can't let my guard down, the Spartans might still be after us," Attica dodged.

"I checked, they're not after us," Argus chimed in.

"Yeah, we can relax a bit because there are still a few more hours before we arrive at Olympus. So Attica, is that story true? They said some Amazonian warriors are going to visit the Titan community to find a mate?” Lasonas smirked.

"What? I don't think so. Why should we do that?"

"Because there will come a time when you want offspring and have to go to a man to fertilize your womb," said Lasonas again.

Somehow Jill was offended by that.

"Sorry, I think you harrased her," said the princess angrily.

"Harassing?"

"I didn't even touch her!" Lasonas laughed.

"No-no, I mean, harassment not only by touching but also from your words that may make the other party uncomfortable," Jill explained.

"What? Where did you get that thought?"

Jill realized, she forgot for a moment that she was now lived in a primitive era.

"Ah, that—my teacher in sparta taught me," Jill evaded.

"Oh, did any Spartan philosopher have such an opinion? Interesting, we don't really follow their Civilization progress," Argus commented.

"I'm not offended, men are like that," Attica shrugged.

"I think if they've gone too far we should speak up," Jill responded firmly.

"Oh no, for us amazonians, if they go too far, we'll cut off some of their fingers," Attica smiled as she said it. Jill responded with an awkward laugh. It seemed she didn't need to teach an Amazonian woman to defend herself.

The Amazonians are a legendary tribe in ancient Greece made up entirely of female warriors. Jill first learned about it from the DC Wonder Woman comic. Diana the superhero was said to be an Amazonian knight. They are led by a queen who was said to be descended from Ares from his relationship with nymphs or fairy creatures.

Attica said they weren't always in the same place. They often go on adventures and work for the gods of Olympus. So it was not strange if they met a man and get pregnant. What Lasonas said was only an issue that was often told of as a joke by people who didn't know their culture. Attica herself was a follower of Ares and one of his trusted soldiers.