Chapter 12: Lies.

Characters: Mal, Uma, Ben, Y/N, Harry, Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Audrey.

Setting: Shortcut to Auradon Castle.

Y/N P.O.V.

"You guys, I'm sorry," She began. "The kids, wont be coming off the Isle," Mal sadly explained. "What..?" Uma stared. "It's too dangerous," She continued. "I trusted you, Mal," Ben snapped. "You have no say in this, Benjamin," I said angrilly. "Oh, so now you say my full name, Y/N L/N," He quickly said. "Yeah, I did, and you might wanna shut your face and let my girlfriend talk," I said, trying to stay calm. I really didn't want to argue with him at the time. "Fine, we'll do this later," He said. "Continue," I said, patting Mal's back. "I just wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to Auradon," She finished, tears coming to her eyes. "I thought you would be brave," Ben scoffed. "Ben!" I snapped. "What are you gonna do?" He asked, walking towards Mal, angrily. I stared at him, waiting to smack him, but he grabbed the ember and threw it into the birdbath nearby, then walked off. "What the fuck?!" I yelled after him. "Ben!" Mal choked as she grabbed the ember. "Regain your might and ignite!" She cried, showing it to Uma's shell. "Bummer," Uma said, sticking out her bottom lip, then walked off with Harry. Harry caressed my arm and cooed, "Don't go following a coward," I smacked his hand away as he walked off. "M, what the hell," Evie confused. "I did it for us!" Mal cried. "This was your idea?!" She exclaimed. "I did it for our future, E!" She choked. "What about those kids we left behind? The kids that we promised that they could come to Auradon!" Evie cried. I wasn't sure what to do. Was I supposed to comfort Mal? Or go back on what I said? "Evie..." she got out, before letting out a sob. The other 3 almost walked away, until we couldn't move. Atleast I couldn't. I tried to look around but my head wouldn't move. I heard Mal crying. I wanted to hug her but my arms wouldn't budge. Mal ran away, and I didn't see her for what felt like an entire day.

Mal P.O.V.

They all turned to stone. I ran away so I could find Uma. "Uma!!" I yelled, "What? Your friends kick you to the curb?  Good," She replied. "Uma, Ben saw something in you, and today, I saw it too!" I exclaimed. "Uma, let's go," Harry sadly said. "Bye, Mal," Uma walked away with Harry. "Uma.." I started crying again.

Y/N P.O.V.

I was sitting there, helpless, until I suddenly felt myself with the ability to move. Everyone else was turned to stone. I started to go the way I saw Mal walk, but as soon as I took a step, I was in a different place. "Y/N, what a nice surprise!" Audrey cheerfully said. I immediately remembered Harry, and when he escaped from the barrier. Audrey grabbed me by my neck and yelled, "MAL! I HAVE YOUR LITTLE BOYFRIEND!!" I winced when she yelled in my ear. Then, I realized how high up we were. I've been scared of heights for as long as I could remember. I heard a roar from a dragon. She was really here. "THAT'S RIGHT!" She yelled. Audrey tightened her grip on my neck. She shot little lazer like things out of the sceptre. Mal dodged every single one, but the last one. "Mal!" I screamed, but with an echo of a different voice. Uma? "I'M RIGHT HERE MAL, REGAIN YOUR MIGHT AND IGNITE!" Uma yelled. I finally broke free just in time for Mal and Audrey to battle with magic in the air. I ran to the corner on the other side, and watched it as it happened. I looked behind me, and saw exactly how high up we were. Eventually, Mal won and turned into a human as she landed. "Y/N!" She yelled, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back, of course. "How did you get up here?!" She exclaimed. "I have no idea," I replied. "Is Audrey gonna be okay..?" I asked. "Oh  shit, let's get her down," she replied. We went down the stairwell and went to Uma. "Good job, Mal," Uma said. "Thanks, you too," Mal replied. "I kinda have something on my back, can we please go inside so we can put her down?" I said, impatiently. "Okay," The girls replied. "Can I help you with that... beauty?" Harry asked. "Okay," I hesitantly agreed, giving him Audrey. "Let's go, now," Mal said, taking my hand.

Word Count: 774