Chapter 1: It's been called off.

Characters in this chapter: Mal, Evie, Ben, and Doug
Setting: Auradon Castle, Ben and Mal's room.

Mal P.O.V

I was in my room, texting my best friend, Evie and suddenly, I hear a knock on my door.
"Yes?" I responded, curiously. "C-can I speak with you for a moment..?" The person on the other side of the door replied. I't sounded a lot like Ben so I said, " Sure, Ben! What do you need?" As the door opened, I saw a worried looking Ben look at me. "L-look, being king is hard.. and with everything that has been going on in Auradon.. I think I want to step down from my place," He said, stressfully. "W-What..?" I said, in disbelief. "I just can't anymore, Mal! It's stressful!" Ben said, with tears in his eyes. I could feel myself on the verge of crying as I responded with, "Ben, I'm with you. It's just, why on earth would you want to quit?!" "Mal, I'm not in love with you anymore. And I wouldn't want you to not be queen anymore," He quickly said. "B-Ben.. if this is a prank it isn't funny," I said, with tears rolling down my cheek. "This is real, Mal. I'm calling off the wedding. I'm also breaking up with you," He said shyly. "Ben..." I tried to say, but with my voice breaking up, it was difficult. "I'm actually in love with Uma now. I've already packed my stuff," He said, taking a deep breath. "So you're just going to leave me here?" I quickly said. "Yes. I'm already seeing Uma and I am going to live with her in the Isle," He said, leaving the room. I was heartbroken. My Fianceè just left me for Uma. Of all people. When he left, I quickly picked up my phone and called Evie.

"Hello?" She said. "E-Evie, I need you to come over as soon as possible," I blurted out. "M, what's wrong?" She worriedly asked. "I'll e-explain.." I stopped myself before I started sobbing. "When you get here!" I finished. "I'll be there in five, then," She said, then hung up.

Evie's P.O.V.

I just recieved a call from Mal. She said she wants me over so I had to tell Doug where I was going, so he dosen't get worried. "Doug?" I asked. "Yes?" He replied, happily. "Mal needs me, as soon as possible," I said. "Why, what's wrong?" He asked in a concerned tone. "She never told me, so I assume that it's serious," I answered. "Okay, let me know when you get there," "Okay!" I said, as I walked out the door. As I got in the car, I couldn't help but worry about my best friend. I sped over to her house and knocked on her door.

Word Count: 473.

Different. (Mal x Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें