'Why did she leave him?'

As if reading her mind, the corner of Kalan's eyes creased.

"She thought I would destroy her life. She said I would...." 

He cast his eyes down before continuing,

"She said I would ruin the lives of everyone around her"

"Did you?" Ann asked in reflex urging Kalan to look at her.

"Hmm?" 

"Destroy her life?"

"She didn't give me a chance to prove otherwise" Kalan smiled placing his hand over his chest.

"I'm sorry" Ann apologized, tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"About your wife. I didn't mean to.."

"Don't be"

"Do you still think about her?"

Kalan locked eyes with Ann and declared,

"Every second of the day"

*swoosh*

Just then, the wind blew again, but this time there was a comfortable silence between the two rather than an awkward one.

Ann's eyes wavered.

Neither of them uttered another word. Only the sound of trees dancing to the wind was heard.

Ann wondered what kind of a cruel person Kalan's wife was to break his heart into a million pieces.

When she contemplated on a way to break the tension in the air. Kalan extended something towards her breaking the prolonged silence.

It was a dark red hibiscus.

"Here you go"

The beautiful red flower, the moons illuminating Kalan's handsome features along with his sad smile were enough to make her heart beat uncontrollably.

"I saw them on the way here. Thought it might suit you"

It was just a sign of friendship. Ann nodded to herself. He must have thought he was making her feel bad by listening to his tales of woe.

'Hmm... He must've seen the guys give me flowers'    

"Thank you, Mr.Kalan"

Ann reached out, but before she could touch the flower Kalan pulled his hand back.

"Just. Kalan" He corrected her with a stern front.

"Ok. Just Kalan. Can I have the flower now?" Ann chuckled.

Just as she received the flower from Kalan, a familiar voice was heard from behind that sent chills down her spine.

"Ditching patrol to sneak out"

A shadow loomed over Ann causing her to gulp.

"Not the least professional thing you've done so far I guess" Raeden stated in a flat tone.

"Haha... suddenly I'm feeling very sleepy" Ann laughed awkwardly as she got to her feet.

*yawn*

After faking a big yawn, she sprinted towards the direction of the camp in a hurry without looking back.

"Good night Mr.Kalan! I mean, Kalan!"

"Why am the one always getting caught?" Ann mumbled complaints crossing past Raeden.

After she was gone, Raeden and Kalan stood facing each other in silence.