"You're staring."

Minju's face turned a deep crimson red.

"Y-YA!"

Minju pushed on Y/n's chest, struggling to break free of his grasp. Not even a second later, Minju ceased her struggle.

It's not like I don't like this. But we're going to be late...

Y/n looked down, perplexed.

She didn't try...

"MinMin? Are you okay?"

Minju nodded, resting her head on Y/n's chest.

"Yeah."

Minju's willingness to give in and somewhat defeated tone worried Y/n.

"Did I make you uncomfortable?"

"Not really."

Y/n loosened his grip before standing up.

"That's not a no. I'm sorry..."

Minju frowned as she watched as Y/n walked to the door.

Should I have said no? I was uncomfortable at first, but it wasn't that bad. I just needed to adjust to it since it was my first time being in a situation like that...

"Y/n-"

"We should go."

Minju sighed as she started towards the door, grabbing her bag on the way. The walk to school was unbearably quiet, with Minju taking occasional glances, unable to start a conversation.

Does he not like making me uncomfortable that much? No way, he clearly has shown that he doesn't really care what people think about him. There has to be a more deep rooted trauma. Does this relate to that Nari person that Y/n mentioned in his sleep? Should I ask around? Maybe one of our classmates. They might know what happened to Y/n.

Eager to find out what happened, Minju picked up her pace. Surprised by this, Y/n kept his pace, letting Minju get to school first.

I really messed up didn't I?

Throughout the first two periods the silence between the duo rang through their ears, nearly deafening them. The idea of not talking to each other weighed on Y/n's chest.

How do I get myself out of this one... I guess the easiest answer would be to just give it some time.

The lunch bell rang, reinforcing the awkwardness of the situation.

Ah- Right. Lunch.

Subtly, Y/n eyed Minju to see her standing up without her bag. Somewhat anxious, Minju sighed before pushing her chair in.

Here goes nothing.

Y/n watched as Minju walked to one of her classmates, initiating a conversation with them.

No way...

Unable to watch, Y/n got out of his seat, and hurried to the spot he went to the prior day.

No. I'm just overthinking things. What happened this morning wouldn't cause her to dislike me and find new friends... Right? Is that why she walked ahead of me while we were on our way to school? Does she not want to be friends with me? No, definitely not. I hope... I can't have this happening again. I don't want it to happen again... I should give her space then. Let her have some time away.

Y/n eventually reached his shed, placed the pillow down on a corner of the floor, and rested his head on the wall.

I'll just sleep it off.