Chapter XXII

"𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮?"

The pressure behind Naruto's head disappears, and the blond glances forward to see the source of everyone's confusion. He lifts himself on his forearm, grimacing as the blood shoots back to his face, returning some feelings to his squashed nose.

Sasuke is a few feet ahead, trying to stand on wobbly legs, a look of horror contorting his features.

"Sakura?"

Naruto jerks his head around to look at what's unsettling his teammate. Upon seeing Sakura's body hanging from Itachi's grip, his heart sinks.

"Sakura-chan!"

He lunges forward, but the shark-man pulls him back by the collar of his shirt.

"Don't move, little demon. Unless you wish to return to our previous position, with your head beneath my foot."

"Let me go, you stupid trout," he yells, trashing.

"Naruto, relax," Sakura rasps.

A second later, Itachi slams her against the nearest wall with narrowed eyes.

"It's not possible," the older Uchiha mutters through gritted teeth.

Naruto watches as the man continues to strangle his pink-haired teammate with his sharingan on, scrutinizing every inch of her face.

"Who are you?"

"Let go of her!" Sasuke's sudden yell startles Naruto. "You're killing her!"

Itachi turns his attention to his little brother, eyes travelling up and down the boy's shaky form.

"Little Sakura is in a coma right now. I know that because I'm the one who broke her will and put her there."

Sasuke glances at the pink-haired girl with widening eyes. At that sight, Itachi slams the girl against the wall again. "So, who's this?"

"Alright, Uchiha," a familiar voice resounds behind Naruto's captor. "Are you going to squeeze the life out of a thirteen-year-old girl? Really? It's low, even for you."