Chapter 21: Learning the Hard Way

Start from the beginning

Glancing down the hall, I sucked in my lips. I just here to wait for him. Nothing else. If Lette gets himself into trouble it's his fault. He was on his own.

Something smashed onto the floor. I bolted into the apartment. 

"Lette!"

I stood in the walkway staring at the scene. Aden was curled up naked by the side of the couch. Lette was on the ground with a shattered lamp surrounding him. Boss stood between them, breathing heavily. 

The alpha turned to me. "Do you bring him here?"

I shook my head. "No, we were supposed to go to the lounge," I breathed. 

"You brought him here," he snapped, charging me. 

I stumbled back. Boss grabbed the front of my shirt and slammed me against the wall. 

"We've talk about this West," he growled in my ear. "There's nothing more annoying than a disobedient mate."

I nodded, hearing my shirt rip from his claws puncturing it. "Sorry."

"Don't make me punish my son for your stupidity."

"I won't." I let out a shaky breath. "We'll go to the lounge. I'll take him to the lounge." I glanced up at him.

Boss patted my cheek. "Good boy." Releasing me, he stumbled through the living. "Take Aden as well." He disappeared into a room and closed the door behind him.

Letting out the breath I was holding, I leaned forward. My heart was pounding. Rubbing my forehead, I looked at the sub. "Are you alright Lette?"

He remained quiet and kept his face turned away from me. Tears were running down his face. I went to him and helped him to his feet. His hand was bleeding and running into his fur. 

"Go clean yourself up alright, and then we'll go."

Lette nodded and went off to the bathroom. I turned my attention to Aden. Taking off my shirt, I handed it to him.

Aden quickly put it on and climbed to his feet. Thankfully, I was bigger than the sub and had worn a longer shirt today. It still didn't cover all the bruises covering the man's body.  

"Thank you," he whispered. 

"I didn't do much," I muttered. "Just pissed him off even more."

"It stop him, though." He brushed back his hair. 

"No problem," I breathed. 

Lette returned and I led the two from the room and back to the elevator. We headed back to my apartment first to get some clothes for Aden and a new shirt for me. Keith was marching down the hall when we exited the elevator. 

"West," he snapped, looking over me. His eyes then went to the two subs. "What on earth? I told you to go to the lounge."

"It's my fault," whispered Lette. "I went to see Boss, and West was worried so he followed."

Keith pulled me into a hug. "Stupid, don't go near my father. He's liable to snap at any moment, and I don't want it to be on you."

I nodded. "Lesson learned."

Keith took my hand and led me back to the apartment. I grabbed a shirt from the closet and some things for Aden.

I handed the sub some sweats. "It has a drawstring, so hopefully it'll work."

"It's fine." He put them on and took off the shirt I had lent him. 

Keith snatched it from him, before I could get a hold of it. "What happened?" He poked his fingers through a hole.