Chapter 27

"Quickly! Make sure that all of the glasses are aligned perfectly. And oh! Princess Mari Jin-Li! What colour would you like the walk-in carpet to be? We have a variety of colours" the decorator asked her.

"Do you have pink?"

"You know we do." he quickly ran over to someone else giving more instructions.

"Princess Mari Jin-Li, have you decided what crown you'll be wearing?"

"Uh...I-"

"Princess, we need to know what veil you would like to wear for your reveal"

"Well-"

"Princess, the camera crew are asking how many people you will be allowing to attend"

Mari was just too overwhelmed by the questions. Goodness, is this what her father went through? She knew preparing would be tiring but not this tiring.

"Ok ok, everyone! give the princess a bit more space alright" Nino had come to save her from more questions. thank goodness!

Nino led her to the other end of the hall for a break.

"Thank you so much, Nino. The questions just keep on coming and coming and ugh!"

"Glad to be the hero of a hero" Nino chuckled. "How long have you been in here?"

"Over two hours. They want my confirmation for everything" she groaned.

"Well, it is your ceremony after all Princess."

"Yeah I know, but I didn't expect to be doing so much. Anyway, where are Chloe and Juleka?"

"Juleka is helping with the decorations outside. And Chloe is still looking through your dresses."

"Still?" Mari laughed

"Yeah, you know how she is. She wants to look good for her besties big day" Nino chuckled doing little jazz hands.

"Seriously, you guys are making it seem like in getting married on that day." Mari shook her head. "But it is a pretty big day though. And I can't wait to reveal myself after so many years."

"You'll also be exposing the lying bitch in the process," Nino smirked

"Damn right I will. Imagine the looks on their face when they find out Lila's Princess Xuang is actually Marinette!"

"Their faces will be even funnier when they find out your dating the Prince of England! It's gonna be hilarious!"

Mari let out a cackle. "I can't wait. I also invited Jagged and Penny. Al's is definitely going to ask about how Lila saved his cat and about her being his honorary niece"

"It's crazy. All it takes is a quick Google search to see past those lies. She's promised them so many things that are never gonna happen."

"They've ruined their futures haven't they?" Said Nino.

"Yes, they have," Mari said lowly. "I'm not just exposing Lika but those guys as well. They chose to hurt me and they'll pay the price for me. Besides," Mari smirked. "This gonna want to hire people who bullied and abused the Princess of China?"

"No one" Nino chuckled.

"That's right" Mari nodded. "Now, let's talk about what you're going to wear"

"Huh? Oh, I'll be wearing what I usually wear, like the other guards" Mari linked her arm with his and led him out of the ballroom.

"Oh no, you won't! You're my personal guard and my childhood best friend. You're gonna be part of this and look amazing at the same time"