Chapter 4

It was nearly 7 pm and the four friends were all laughing as they finished the snacks that Sabine had brought up for them.

"So Mari, can you explain how this blossoming ceremony works then?" Juleka asked

"Sure" Mari nodded "ok, so there are loads of royal abilities from around the world who want their sons to be I introduced to me. they will send in a request and my father is the one who looks through them. I will then begin to meet them all the week before my ceremony where I have to pick someone to marry when the time comes"

"I see. Is there any prince you like?" Juleka asked

"I don't know too many. The one I'm most acquainted with is Prince Felix."

'He must have been the boy in the hot I saw this morning'

"What's your relationship like with him anyway?" Chloe asked

"Oh, they would argue a lot!" Nino cut in before Mari could respond

"Really?"

"Yeah! I remember the first time they met. Mari was skipping through the gardens and bumped into Prince Felix who was reading. It just kicked off from there"

"Well, he shouldn't have been standing in the way" Mari huffed.

"How long ago was this?" Said, Chloe

"About 12 years ago" he replied causing his girlfriend to laugh a little.

"So you guys have had this rivalry and odd tension between you since you were 5?"

"He's just a stubborn stuck up prince," Mari said raising her chin.

"Seems to me like there's more to it tha that"

"What do you mean by that?" Mari asked sharply

"Oh nothing" Chloe chuckled.

NEXT DAY

"Mari you need to look your absolute best for your return home!" Chloe said as she rummaged through her friends closet.

"Chloe" Mari groaned. "It's so early in the morning. I'll just wear a jumper and leggings.

"Absolutely not. You gonna rock up into China in style!" She said as she gave her an outfit. "Now put this on and ill sort your hair out for you"

"Ugh fine" she grunted as she walked to the bathroom to get changed.

Mari came out a few minutes later with her outfit on.

"Don't you think this is a bit much?" Mari asked as Chloe pulled her to sit down so she could do her hair

"I think you look great" Juleka complimented.

"Thanks, Jules" Mari replied. She winced when Chloe brushed her hair a bit too roughly.

"Ow," she moaned. Chloe quickly apologised as she continued to do her friend's hair.