Chapter 19

Adrenaline rush. So much of it that she nearly forgot to breathe, eyes jumping from his lips to his eyes, her heart a ticking bomb.

'Holy Mother of...' She gave in, parting her lips only to feel his pressing like an artist's brush against her canvas, intense, smooth but contained until her hands, with a mind of their
own took hold of him and everything accelerated.

His thumb was throbbing at the hollow of her neck, rubbing up and down, pulsing warmth as his tongue conquered the depths of her mouth, hungry, consuming, pulling her into the warmth of him as if he mastered the balance of gravity.

Mari was stunned, at herself, at the amber flickering overpowering her consciousness, at the enticing flavour of the foreign lips she found herself longing for. It took a split second to give into them again, surrendering to the downward force pulling her under. 

He pushed her upwards, allowing her legs to cross around his waist, and parted only to look at her flurried face, searching for reassurance. She did like being kissed.

Giddiness took over both of them as they mirrored a dumbstruck smile and lightness. Whatever rush this was, whatever his lips brought, she wanted more.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Mari waited until she was sure there was no one she slipped out of the Library. After a while, once they had finally let go of each other, Felix had left before her so they don't look suspicious if they were to be seen by anyone else. when she didn't see anyone pass through the halls, she made a hasty walk back to her room, still feeling a bit dizzy from the kiss.

She doesn't even remember why she left her room.

When she finally got there, she quickly shut the door and rest her back against it and began to rub her face.

Chloe and Juleka stopped their conversation and looked at her a bit startled.

"Mari, where are the cookies?" Juleka asked.

'Ah, that's what she had left for...'

"Oh, uh Jee said there wasn't any left" she quickly replied.

Her two friends eyed her and she began to feel nervous.

"Are you sure?" Juleka asked

"Y-yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" She laughed, tearing her eyes away from their gaze

The two girls looked at each other before looking back at the princess.

Chloe then took notice of her friends appearance.

"Your hair is a mess," she said bluntly making her way over to the ravenette

"Huh? Oh..." Mari couldn't come up with an excuse.

Chloe stood in front of the girl and adjusted her fluffy robe which she hadn't realised was hanging off her shoulder.

"Where exactly were you?" Chloe asked. She then sniffed her

"Chloe why the hell are you sniffing her!?" Juleka asked from the bed.

"Because...she didn't have that minty scent in her before she left..." Choe replied.

Mari blushed as she realised she's been caught out.

"You came across Felix didn't you?" Chloe didn't look mad. In fact, she had a smirk on her face as she said it.

The Princess just sighed and nodded

Chloe squealed and pulled the princess over to the bed.

"What. Happened!" She asked

"Uh, well I was on my way to the kitchen to get the cookies, and then out of nowhere, Felix pulls me into the library"

"Oh, I see. A library make-out session." Juleka giggled as the princess blush got deeper

"It was actually a really great kiss. Much more intense than the first one" Mari admitted causing her friends to squeal.

"Did he leave anything on you?" Juleka asked

"Do princes like Felix even give hickies?" Chloe asked

Juleka pointed at the princess when she saw her hand creep to her neck. "He did!"

"OMG, no way!" Chloe exclaimed as she moved Mari's loose hair from her neck and saw the fresh mark on her neck.

"Well, would you look at that! And you were worried that there weren't any feelings." Chloe laughed.

"Yeah..." Mari replied dreamily

"Did you say anything to him after?" Juleka asked.

"Well, we were actually interrupted. Amelie was calling him and he had to go"

"Did he say anything?"

Mari giggled as she tried to imitate his voice "this isn't over"

The three girls broke out in squeals and giggles.

"He definitely likes you. He should just ask you out already. In fact, forget meeting the candidates for your hand tomorrow, just pick Felix!" Said, Chloe

"I would...and I would love for him to ask me out. But I also can't break tradition. Besides that, some of the candidates had to travel here"

"Well it would certainly be a waste of their time then" Juleka laughed.

The three girls talked and laughed together until they finally became tired and fell asleep.

Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day