Chapter 6

The palace

"They did what!?"

"They did what!?"

Jiao-Long's voiced boomed across the throne room causing Mari to cower a bit.

She knew this would happen. He parents, especially her father was very protective of her.

"Mari Ji-Lin why did you not make us aware of what was going on with your school. Or even have Nino tell us?" Xiang asked

Mari sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to say anything and I told Nono not to either because I knew he would react like this" she replied softly

"React like wh-" Xiang got cut off by the sound of shattering glass causing everyone to jump.

"Jiao!" Xiang hissed. He had sliced a vase with his katana.

"I like that one" she scolded.

"I'll get you another one" he growled as he was about to break the neighbouring one.

But he was stopped.

"Daddy stop it!"

He hadn't heard his daughter call him that in years.

He lowered his weapon and looked into his daughter's eyes.

"Mari I'm happy about what I've just found out," he said sternly

Mari nodded. "I know you're not happy. But don't want you or anyone else to do anything just yet. They will realise the mistake that they have made all these years on my birthday"

"Are you sure?" Jiao asked cautiously

"One hundred per cent"

"Fine" her father grunted. But best believe that when whatever plan you have works, people will be sued"

"Fine by me" Mari shrugged. She turned to her friends and smiled.

"Let's go unpack. Chloe, Juleka you'll be staying in my room. Nino, you still remember yours right?"

"Of course I do" Nino replied.

"Oh Mari, we're having guests today so you and your friends must be here for dinner on time no later" Xiang instructed.

" sure thing. See you later"

The four left the throne room, Nino heading to his room while the girls went to Mari's.

"Woooow... This is your room!?"

 This is your room!?"