Chapter 23

Adrien decided to walk up to the pair, interrupting their moment.

"Hey" Adrien greeted. Mari looks at him, annoyed that he would disturb them.

"What do you want?" Her tone was calm but there was ice laced in it.

"Can't a friend say hi to another friend?"

"Yeah, it would be fine if we were friends. But we aren't and I don't feel like talking to you"

"Come on Marinette. This can't all be about Lila"

Marinette shot a glare at him. "What do you mean?"

"You distancing yourself from everyone, glaring at Lila, glaring at me and saying we aren't friends. Now you're getting all close with Felix and we've inky been here a week or so." He shook his head but smiled at her.

Mari didn't like it at all.

"Maybe Alya is right. You may just be hanging with him to make me jealous. Felix isn't one to stick close to people so it only makes sense!" Adrien looked happy like as if Mari had just confirmed that all that he's saying is true.

"It's alright though. I know how you feel about me and we can be together. But that only if you let this whole Lila thing go."

Mari looked absolutely flabbergasted and Felix had the same expression as her as the model before they talked his nonsense.

"You seriously have a problem. I'm not hanging with Felix to make you jealous. Don't get it twisted Adrien" Mari growled. "I'm not that type of person"

"You don't know what type of person he is! Has he told you who he really is? Huh?" He asked pointing a finger at Felix.

The prince slapped the hand away. "You have no right to accuse Marinette for who she is with. Just accept the fact she wants nothing to do with you. I warned you already Agreste"

Adrien nestled but he also didn't want to push his luck.

"Fine I'll go, but I have a question for Marinette"

Marinette sighed. If this question would make him go away so she could continue to enjoy her mothers' paintings and Felix's company, then she'll hear it.

"So, the blossoming ceremony is in two days, would you like to be my date?" Adrien asked.

Mari's brows borrowed at his question. It was like he didn't hear a word she said.

"That won't be possible," Mari said. Technically it was true. It was her ceremony after all. But he didn't need to know that just yet.

"Why!?"

"She said no Adrien, now leave her alone"

"Wait, i-is she going with you? Is that it!?" Adrien growled.

Felix obviously knew Mari would not be needing a date as it's her ceremony. However, Adrien wasn't getting the message that he wasn't wanted.

"I'm not going with anyone" Mari hissed. "Now if you won't go away, we will" And with that, she walked away dragging Felix with her.

Adrien didn't bother looking back. He felt a flutter in his chest.

'She isn't going with anyone? So she and Felix are not together...I can still make things work!' He thought happily. But he would have to act fast. Maybe...hell transform tonight in the search for his princess. He needed to know where she was while they stayed at the hotel. It was actuating him greatly.

The class continued to view the palace. They entered the throne room where they viewed the long table that Chao explained was where the advisors would sit during meetings.

"It's so pretty in here!" Rose explained. "These curtains are so silky"

"The princesses throne is pretty cool too" Kim commented. "How come it's quite different to the Emperor and Empress' one?"

"The princess is very fond of pink. While we usually have the ones in red and gold or black and gold, the princess was vet persistent. So it was agreed that she would have rose gold and gold throne.

Mari smiled a bit at the memory. She remembered pestering her father about the colour of her throne chair and that she didn't want red or black with the gold. She must have been around 5 because she spent most of her time on her mother's lap before she had her own.

"Will we see them today by any chance?" Mylene asked hopefully.

Chao shook his head. "I'm afraid not. They had duties to attend to in preparation for the Blossoming Ceremony.

" that's in two days! I cannot wait! It'll be so much fun. I wonder who Princess Xuang will pick" Rose wondered.

"There will be so many famous people and Royals there. And we've been personally invited to be around them. How cool is that!?" Kim fisted the air in excitement.

"Yeah, maybe some of the people that you know will be there to Lila!" Said Mylene

"Yeah, and that Prince too. You've gotta be all glammed up for him!" Said Alya

"Of course will. I cannot wait to see my English Prince again!"

Lila grinned to herself. Tomorrow would be the perfect opportunity for her to make connections. Well, that's also if she saw anyone she recognised that she could also understand. Her days of rich and fame will start that very night. She knows that for sure. And nothing, not even Marinette Dupain-Cheng will get in her way.