006

✿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

I recommend you listen to the song 'Je l'aime, Je l'aime, Je l'aime' by Barbara Pravi when you see * :)

She lit up a cigarette, plopped it into her mouth and wiped her tears and mascara stained cheeks as she huffed out the smoke. Rin sat on her balcony, looking at the shining buildings that were lit up due to the sun being set. Her hands were trembling and her free hand squeezed the picture frame that was on her lap. Her heart was aching and the blood in her veins were pumping with anxiety. She coughed out a ragged breath and hissed as she inhaled deeply. Everything was hurting. From her heart to her head, she was in pain.

The picture was of her and Kurapika at the wedding laid uselessly on her lap. The wedding she had fought for so hard and desperately, but it was all a waste of time in the end. The marriage wasn't happy. It was dreadful and the lack of love was so obvious it would run chills down your spine. At least that's what it was like for Kurapika, he said. Rin was happy. She was so relieved she finally got to marry the man she had fought so insanely hard for. The man she gave up her family for. He left her in the end, and she didn't know why.

Didn't she prove her love to him? Didn't she show him so desperately she was in love with him and was willing to do anything for him? Was she really the one at fault in the end?

The endless arguments and coldness already started after the wedding ended. Their honeymoon wasn't what you would imagine it to be. They went to Thailand for a week as a married couple but came back feeling like strangers to each other. Kurapika didn't want to do anything, and he seemed to slip away from Rin, and she hated it, so she got angry.

But it wasn't anger, it was more like desperation, pain and anxiety as she was afraid she'd lose him another time. And she did. And now it was for good. She knew she couldn't control him anymore, and she hated that. She felt powerless and alone. There wasn't anything she could do about this situation.

She knew Kurapika's mind was finally strong enough not to get manipulated anymore. Although, she hated wording it that way. She was simply helping him, that's what she liked to call it. Kurapika was strong enough to not fall into her traps, he had healed from his wounds and was moving on quickly and peacefully.

She didn't have anything on him anymore.

Rin gave birth to their babyboy when everything was still going decent. They named their child 'Pairo', Kurapika seemed to like that name so Rin naturally fell in love with it. But even he wasn't enough to make Kurapika stay anymore. ''I can take care of my kid without being in a relationship with you, let alone live in the same house as you,'' Kurapika had said sullenly.