004

✿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Your heart thumped against your chest, your throat felt like it was getting squeezed shut and your hands started to shake. You looked at the man with wide, big eyes, raised eyebrows and a slightly opened mouth. ''W-What...?'' you did your best to squeeze the word out of your throat. You didn't know what to feel. You didn't know what to do. You weren't sure what was the proper way to react.

''They signed a divorce about a month or two ago. As far as I know, Kurapika hasn't seen her ever since.''

''No...'' you said quietly, switching from Leorio's eyes to the ground, your eyes getting watered up with your tears. The crystal clear liquid was now starting to block your view. ''What am I supposed to do now?'' you whined, sobbing in your hands again, heartache shooting through your body. Your feelings were all over the place. You had already given up on him, sealed your heart shut and never expected to see or feel anything for him again. You had tried so hard to give up on him, and when you finally came to terms with everything that happened— you just had to hear this. Of course, this had to happen. Luck never seemed to be on your side.

''You don't have to do anything, Y/N.''

''But... I can finally go to him without-''

''Are you sure?'' he interrupted you and you looked up at him through tear blurred eyes, ''there's a guy, a guy who's fighting for his life and is very in love with you. Are you sure you want to go through the same drama all over again? We both know how that ended last time. Why don't you give something new a try. Something- someone you maybe have longed for, for a long time.''

''Who?''

''We both know who.''

Azami.

''But he doesn't have a crush on me anymore... does he?'' you asked and Leorio simply shrugged, arms crossed in front of his chest. He didn't know, he just simply assumed it. It was obvious from the way he acted and talked about you. In the past year Azami had visited Leorio's place often to hang out with Killua and Gon, they always played games together and sometimes when the two younger boys weren't around, Leorio started a conversation with Azami.

And whenever he mentioned you he'd always act differently. Happier. Like he was more interested in talking about you than about other things. His cheeks would flash a bright shade of pink and he'd chuckle while trying to act as cool and calm as possible. It was obvious he loved you, but you were too oblivious to see it. Too naïve maybe.

''Do with this whatever you want,'' Leorio winked at you before standing up, pulling on the hem of his jacket in an attempt to neaten it up a little, ''just don't make any rational decisions. I'm not telling you to be with him, but are you sure there are no feelings for him in your heart? Are you sure this love you feel is for Kurapika, and not for someone else?'' You weren't quite sure what he meant by that, but when you were about to ask, he had already walked away. Leaving you confused. You doodled some figures on the white table you were sitting at, tiredness taking over your mind and you looked around to see if you saw a couch you could sleep on, but there weren't any.