*08*

Y/n POV

"So what are we gonna do today???" Bucky asked moving back and forth inside my office.

My office is the exact opposite of what a doctor's clinic looks like, I payed special attention to the interiors to make it look like a lounge a place where people feel calm and share their problems without hesitation.

"I think we will sit first of all and then continue" Laughing on his impatience I pointed at the seat opposite of me.

With a little smile appearing on his face he melts in the seat with a curious expression painted on his face.

"So Today you will be writing about whatever you remember from your childhood, memories with Steve, your girlfriend and anything else you remember." I said while handing him a sheet of paper and pens.

To give him some privacy I walked away to my bookshelf, stacking some new books that I ordered.

I kept looking back at him as if there is a timer inside me turning every 5 minute to check if he is doing okay.

After a while he walked upto me and handed me his writing as if I was his teacher and he was handing me his homework, I smiled at his beautiful cursive writing with letters spaced equally with proper distance.

We went on discussing each memory in great detail and I kept adding on things which he narrated.

"I need to take this call guys, you're gonna be okay buck????" Steve asked while grabbing the door knob waiting for Bucky to answer.

"Yeah, I will be okay here. Bucky answered.

Steve POV

I just finished my call with Sam telling him about a specific mission when I heard a loud thud from the office.

I ran inside only to see y/n lying on the floor with the side wooden table on her, she was sandwiched between the floor and the heavy oak table.

When i looked around for Bucky he was lying unconscious on the floor at a distance from y/n.

Quickly, I helped y/n up and helped her to the couch, giving her a cup of water.

"What the hell happened y/n???" I asked my eyes gazing between her and Bucky who was still on the floor.

" I do-do-nt know Steve, we were just talking about his old days and suddenly a song started playing... I think in the other room then ..then..he got all nervous and agressive and he kicked the table towards me....then i started speaking to him about the memories...all the good memories and the-en-en he fell unconscious on the floor"

She was panting trying to catch her breath when she suddenly felt pain on her back.

She looked at her back and i was horrified seeing a deep wound on her back but she instantly covered it.

" I am gonna call someone to take care of that" I said while getting up towards the door.

I felt a warm tug on my wrist, she pulled me back.

" No, no... Steve we can't do that. If tony knew that what happened!! he will never let me near James and he would not be cured and the winter soldier will continue to power over him" She said trying to get up.

" Y/n, I promised tony that i won't let anything happen... Maybe this is what he was worried about..i dont think we should cont-" i wasn't able to complete my sentence when she spoke or yelled at me.

"You must be captain america in the field!!!!!! Rogers... this is my patient and I am the doctor, I give orders around here and you're gonna listen to me alright.
Take Bucky to his room and dont tell him anything about all this and I am gonna tend to this wound.... And mind it rogers if tony comes to know about this we are not friends anymore" she stormed out of the room with pain and anger on her face.

I can't help but smile on what I've heard this was just opposite of y/n...she was never angry but damn she really wants to help Bucky and me too so...i will listen to her and keep my mouth shut.

I took Bucky to his room, he was really heavy and covered him with blanket. He looked so peaceful while sleeping... I hope he doesn't remeber what he has done or he would not allow anyone near him again.
I think of the time when buck used to care for me and worry for me but i guess roles are reversed.

Y/n pov

I stormed out of my office with a screeching pain in my back. I decided not to visit the medical bay because then tony would know.

I cleaned up the blood in my bathroom with sterilized towel and covered it with crape bandage. The wound wasn't deep but the pain will be there for couple of weeks.

I decided to take a nap and analyse what really has happened.

Me and Bucky were talking and randomly a song played in the other room and i guess something triggered him and he turned aggressive.
I could see his warm blue eyes turn into cold, emotionless stones just staring at me but i calmed him down by making him remeber his good memories and then he knocked off and fell unconscious.

Maybe we have to keep him at bay from the trigger words untill we find a permanent solution.
I guess and hope he doesn't losses hope and strength on this tough and painful journey but i will make sure he isn't alone walking on it.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Steve came in with a cup of coffee and " why you yelled at me" expression.

" Hey..  Steve ... I am sorry I shouldn't have said that. I am sorry for being so mean and rude. I dont know why i said that i guess i just don't wanna leave James like that you know having hard time and specially when i know i can help him" i said apologetically.

"It's okay y/n, to be honest i am scared of you now" he laughed off.

" But we need to be extra careful from now on cause you know something can trigger buck" Steve said handing me the coffee cup.

" Yes and we have to look for the trigger words because it's like he has two person inside of him and we have to get the winter Soldier out of him" i replied.

"Exactly, but i wanted to ask... Dont get me wrong y/n why are you so keen and focused on helping Bucky.. i mean you're so determined to help him even though he has hurted you".

When i dint answer he left with " take rest" face.

I really don't know the answer to that question, yes my back hurts like hell but still i am thinking about the ways to help Barnes and i kinda like the way we spend time together in each other's presence even though he doesn't speak that much.
I hope it's nothing more than my nature of helping people.
I hope this doesn't lead to anything.