*05*

Y/N POV

Tony and pepper's wedding was to take place in the next week, so me, Natasha, Wanda and she were discussing about the last-minute arrangements.

The last important thing in my checklist was to select the bridesmaid dresses specifically its color and I was inclining towards the lilac-colored dresses with the fish cut.

Holding up the page of a magazine I asked the two of them about their opinions.," What about these lilac-colored dresses guys?"

"Nice choice Mimi! Just send our measurements to the designer along with the color and the design you have chosen, and she will send them back in 2-3 working days." Pepper said handing me a business card of the designer.

"I am so happy for you guy's; it's been miraculous to see you both stick with each other in all the ups and downs you have gone through". Natasha said packing the wedding gifts to pepper.

" Exactly, I am in the awe for the two of you!" Wanda said, " Here come the boy's" She added when Tony and Steve along with Sam entered the room.

" Dr. Stark, I have a patient for you." Steve said in a careful tone while taking out a water bottle from the pantry.

Not thinking much about his undertone, I replied " Send his details Cap, I will fit him in my schedule for tomorrow."

With an indescribable gaze he looked towards me, " The patient is my friend Nina, Bucky. I must have shared a bit about him to you, if you remember. I want- no I need you to treat him, please."

Steve was looking at me with hopeful eyes, with faith and trust to bring his childhood friend back, how could I not help him. 

"I will give my level best Steve and I promise I won't let you down, together we will bring your bucky back to who he really was, it would be helpful If I can get my hands on his case files if you have that, to know his history." I asked him politely.

Handing me a brown thick file he said, " I know you won't decline my request, So I got it beforehand." 

"But is it safe to go near him captain, no offense but he killed dozens of people.... I mean he is the winter soldier" Sam said in a concerned tone.

" It's okay Sam, I have all of you, you guys won't let anything happen to me ...I believe you" I smiled.

Excusing myself with a cup of coffee, I went to my room because I knew I had a long night ahead of me, I wanted to go through James's file thoroughly and come up with a prognosis along with the treatment plan.

Closing off my door I got on my bed with the thick case file.

Into the few pages of the file a feeling dawned upon me not of fear but of sympathy and pity.

He served the country in the war back in the 40s, he must have met my father and was a brave Sergent with good looks and avid skills.

But he was captured by HYDRA and was experimented on and used as a weapon, he has gone through a lot and is still fighting everything inside him.

I am going to help this man, no matter how hard or difficult the situation gets, he deserves a life after the hell he went through.

There were photographs of him along with his troop, luckily, I found a photo of my dad and him, my dad as gorgeous and handsome he was looked so young standing alongside James whose radiant blue eyes were popping out of the black and white picture.

With a faint knock on my door Tony entered my room with a smile.

"Mimi, you don't have to do it if you don't like it or don't want to, don't feel pressurized honey" Tony sad while massaging my shoulder.

" Look what I've found", I handed him the photograph of dad he looked at it with happiness.
"And Tony will help him, he has gone through much and now it's his chance to get his life back " leaning my head on his shoulder I replied.

" Okay then good night, I love you" tony left me with a hug.

I will sleep too but I know I won't be able to much because of the nervousness and excitement.